Issue with PQ on tatasky Skyworth HS3C03 box?

Vicky95

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been using samsung flagship TV,So I wanted the best DTH experience possible both PQ and AQ wise.So,based on suggestions on this forum,got an Tatasky HD connection.i received skyworth HS3CO3 box.But I was not amazed by the picture quality.I was using D2H before and I felt that D2H PQ was better in terms of colour ,clarity and motion .Tatasky PQ had an skin smoothening effect and I found it was blurry on motion.i watched tamil hd channel if that helps.The picture strength Nd quality was also around 80.Kindly let me know if the PQ on tatasky is like that or it is an issue with my STB model.

Could you please name the Tamil HD channel in which you are seeing blurriness? The blurriness during the motion will be very much noticeable in Sun Music HD and KTV HD. We had extensively discussed about this issue earlier itself and for some clarity, I have added the link below so that you could go through.

Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Yea,I found those issue in most regional channels like Sun tv HD,sun music HD,etc.. I went through the thread and iam complaining about the same problems you face.i can't see faces clearly in long distance shots and as you have mentioned in your thread.Once the shot is stable and in close up it's good.Once it starts moving its horrible.Did you find any solution for that and do you find any other DTH service that has best PQ and AQ.But iam still thinking why many people suggest tatasky though.I would say the SD quality is better than any I have seen(although it has that smoothening and blurriness) but when the whole tech is moving towards HD I find this quality to be disappointing as I had huge expectations.

Tata Sky did not resolve this issue even after repeatedly following up with them and this was a huge disappointment and it is extremely unacceptable since this issue is because of compression. I am using Airtel HD since August 15, 2017 and extremely satisfied with HD video quality and audio clarity. I only watch HD channels. I also used D2H HD (when it was Videocon d2h) and Sun Direct HD and the picture clarity was perfect and never found those compression issues in those DTHs as well for HD channels. Sun Direct moved to HEVC compression technology for HD channels but the problem is they don't add the Tamil channels of their competitors quickly. So if you want most of the Tamil HD channels, then your options would be either Airtel or d2h.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock