Jaya to flag metro rail in chennai today

Satvijay

Reaction score
The first phase of the much-awaited Chennai Rail Metro is all set to be launched today. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa is likely to flag off the project via videoconferencing, sources said.

As part of the first phase, the overhead stretch will connect Alandur in south Chennai to Koyabedu in the north. The 10-km stretch will be covered in 18 minutes. The metro will bear four coaches with a capacity of 1276 passengers and will cover seven stations in the stretch.

Designed as half underground and the rest elevated, one corridor is between Washermanpet and Airport and the other, from Chennai Central to St. Thomas Mount.

The portions from Washermanpet to Saidapet on Anna Salai in corridor I and the portions from Chennai central to Thirumangalam in corridor II will be underground and the remaining portions will be elevated.

Last year, Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu had said the Centre had approved an extension of a nine-km stretch up to Thiruvottiyur from Washermenpet under phase-I of the project in North Chennai. However, it was not included.

Now it was started from alanthur to koyambedu...... :eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya

metro_decorated_1_2455688d.jpg

Chennai Metro Rail trains kept ready for their first run.

29MA-CITY-METRO_RA_2455587d.jpg

A view of Chennai Metro Rail test run conducted between Ashok Nagar and Alandur.

Young woman steers Chennai’s first Metro train
women_loco-pilots_2455761d.jpg

This file photo shows A. Preethi and Jayashree, two women CMRL loco-pilots. Steered by A. Preethi, the first train of the Chennai Metro Rail chugged off from Alandur Station in Chennai on Monday after being flagged off by Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa.

CMRL_TRAIN_2455758d.jpg

Now tamilnadu(chennai) is the 6th state to hold METRO service in india....delhi,mumbai,banglore, rajasthan,kolkata are the other states having metro service in india...... :eek:hya:eek:hya:eek:hya

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock