Kabali box office collection Rs 650 crore leave Salman khan Sultan behind

Reaction score
Rajinikanth’s Kabali has been the baap of them all. The film broke multiple records when it did a box office collection of Rs 48 crore on the first day itself, leaving Salman Khan’s Sultan far behind. And now, the film which released on July 22 has earned over Rs 600 crore worldwide, making yet another record.
According to trade, Kabali has earned Rs 211 crore from the Indian box office out of which over rs 40 crore were made in north India, traditionally not considered a base for Rajinikanth films. However, Kabali’s international box office has been spectacular. Not just US, where Kabali did massive business, the film has done well in Malaysia, Japan etc. According to Financial Express, Kabali has earned Rs 259 crore in the foreign markets.

To add to its overall tally, Kabali had earned rs 200 crore before its release with deals such as music and satellite rights. The film may touch Rs 700 crore in coming days, upending all records and tallies. After the not-so-great box office performances of Rajinikanth’s Linga and Kochadaiiyan, Kabali has come as a breath of fresh air.
Producer S Thanu said earlier, “I will never forget these days in my life. This release has given me so much happiness. It has broken the collection records of Indian cinema in the last 100 years.”
According to sources inside the industry, the total budget of Kabali was nearly Rs 75 crore, out of which the salary of the lead artist alone was around Rs 50-60 crore. Directed by Pa Ranjith, the movie’s production was much cheaper with relatively young technicians holding forte. While most of the shoots happened on location and sets in Chennai, shooting in Malaysia was probably the only big expense. Interestingly, the luxury vehicles and luxury cars used during the shooting in Malaysia were given free by many Malaysian Tamils and fans of Rajinikanth.

Rajinikanth’s Kabali box office collection Rs 650 crore, leaves Salman Khan’s Sultan behind | The Indian Express

:eek:hya :eek:hya

gcehOaC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock