Kanupapa: Telugu remake of Mohanlal’s Oppam to release this December

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
The Telugu remake of Malayalam crime thriller Oppam, starring Mohanlal, is slated for release this month and Overseas Network Entertainment (ONE) has clinched the dubbing rights for the film. “The dubbing rights of ‘Oppam’ are with Dilip Kumar Bolugoti. I have played a blind man in this thriller. We are happy to release this entertainer as a Christmas gift in December end. I hope the Telugu audience will make our movie a success as have the audience here,” Mohanlal said.

The Priyadarshan-directed movie, which released in Onam, became a Mollywood box office hit that earned Rs 50 crore. Oppam is a crime thriller about a blind elevator operator with a heightened sense of smell, touch and sound. The man is charged with committing a murder and the movie revolves around how he hunts down the real killer and proves his innocence.

Bowled over by the content, many producers tried to get the remake rights of this movie. But One Overseas Network Entertainment’s B Dilip Kumar and Mohanlal have teamed up to release the dubbed version. The Malayalam star is already getting mileage in the Telugu movie industry with two back-to-back films, Janatha Garage and Manamantha.

Mohanlal is riding high on the success of Pulimurugan that has become the first Malayalam flick to join the Rs 100-crore club. The film just collected Rs 20 crore in just four days in Telugu states. His last three films, Janatha Garage, Oppam and Pulimurugan, have collectively earned over Rs 200 crore from the ticket sales.

Kanupapa: Telugu remake of Mohanlal’s Oppam to release this December | The Indian Express

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock