• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,098

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
The Lakme India fashion week grand finale received a standing ovation from the audience. The reason being, the stunning Kareena Kapoor, who graced the ramp for newcomer Kallol Dutta.

In all the Winter Festive Season of LFW saw many new changes. It was felt for the first time that it’s not an all Bollywood affair but fashion design and aesthetic were the highlights of the event. It also embraced newcomers wholeheartedly. Many new designers like Sneha Arora, Aniket Satam, Astha and Siddharth, Kavita Sharma, were exceptional with their designs.

As Kareena had to say about Kallol, "I am very happy to be able to encourage new talent. It is an honor to be wearing their clothes. I should be thanking them for giving me the opportunity to wear these clothes." Kallol designed a long black and white jacket over a black bustier and leggings. She was once again spotted for husband-wife duo Pankaj and Nidhi in a black signature basket woven top with infusions of leather. Kareena had taken the ramp last year for designer Manish Malhotra.

Others from Bollywood who adorned LFW were Kajol and her sister Tansiha Mukherjee, who made an appearance for Payal Singhal. Bipasha Basu, Sameera Reddy, Jiah Khan and Neetu Chandra were also present during the occasion.

The last day of LFW was opened in a unique way. Veteran designer Neeta Lulla designed an elegant lehenga choli for yesteryears dream girl Hema Malini. Her line was based on “Radha”, and Hema Malini dressed for that character and performed a Kathak dance. She was wearing a dark purple lehenga choli and purple dupatta, with gold embroidery.

After the show Neeta said, “I had no clue what made me go with Hemaji .It was not difficult to convince her. When I approached her she agreed readily. I had Krishna on my side and things fell into place. I have dressed her since 10to 12 years; it never struck me to do something like this. There is the right time for everything. In never planned it.”

She further added, “She (Radha) is always worshiped. Whether it is in India or any part of the world she is dressed in various avatars all over the places. That was the theme for my collection. With color schemes, styles, something that is joining together with love eternal romantic appeal to it.”

http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/kareena-stuns-at-lfw-winter-festive-grand-finale/9529/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock