Kolkata TV to launch a regional music channel

• Thread starter Deepu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,491

Deepu

Banned
Reaction score
For all Bengali music lovers, another music channel, 'Kolkata 24x7' from the house of Bengali news channel Kolkata TV, is likely to be added to the existing list in the next two months.

The channel aims to change the way Bangla music is consumed and is slated to run teaser campaigns soon along with other branding and advertising activities to be followed on afterwards.

"The recruitment for the music channel is on and the pre-production work has already started. We plan to have live entertainment bulletins also, apart from recorded content," said an insider from the channel.

When Kaustuv Ray, owner of Kolkata TV was contacted, he agreed that the media company is working for the launch of the channel but refused to divulge anything more.

Apart from airing contemporary Bangla film music, it is looking to promote Bangla music culture. Industry sources say that an investment of nearly Rs 20 crore to Rs 25 crore is required to start a regional music channel.

Currently there are four music channels in the state. Kolkata 24x7 would face tough competition from Dhoom, Tara Music and Sangeet Bangla, and newly launched Fatafati.

Kolkata TV was launched in 2006. Later on TV9 acquired a stake in it, which it sold off a few months ago.

Kolkata TV to launch a regional music channel | Indian Television Dot Com

Re: RE: Kolkata TV to launch a regional music channel

Anirudha said:
I am expecting this channel on dishtv :sp
So bro u know bangla except bhojpuri too:huh[emoji2]

Re: RE: Kolkata TV to launch a regional music channel

Anirudha said:
I am Bengali Bro. obviously I can understand that :p
U live in mp na.

Kolkata TV itself is struggling and launching another Channel?
Huh.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock