Seeking Help Laggy UI with faulty recording in sun direct HD

Reaction score
Hello, I've been using a sun direct HSG 200 box with no issues . I recently got a new connection, same box but with the new update. The UI in new box appears to be quite laggy. Some recorded videos give error- no Authorization for playback. Playback of recorded videos is really frustrating with too much lag in forwarding and rewinding. None of these issues were present in the previous box without the update. Is there any way to downgrade the software to prev version? Or should i think of changing connection. Any help appreciated, thank you.

1) Do you happen to have 'Timeshift' ON? Check 'PVR Setup' in Menu to see if it is on. With Timeshift ON, the STB might always be recording to support instant playback. Which might explain the lag during playback.

2) Try doing factory reset of the STB to see if it solves the issue.

3) Are you in case trying to access previous recordings that are present in your USB drive, which were recorded on your other Sun Direct STB? If yes, that might explain the authorization error. I don't think Sun Direct recordings work across STBs.

4) Also, the default file system of Sun Direct STBs is FAT. If in case you have your USB drive in NTFS file system, format the USB drive once, using the option in the STB Menu. Make sure to select FAT as the file system while formatting it. The current file system of your USB drive would be displayed in the 'Storage Device Setup' option in the Menu.

Thanks for the reply
1) nope, timeshift is off.
2)
I ll try that, but would i need to call the technician again to configure it or I can do it myself?
3)No, all from same STB only.
4) I ll check this out, probably it's NTFS

Thanks for the tips again. I'll try these out and if issues still persists, I'll try to get the box replaced. Anyone else facing issues after updating?

Thanks for the reply
1) nope, timeshift is off.
2)
I ll try that, but would i need to call the technician again to configure it or I can do it myself?
3)No, all from same STB only.
4) I ll check this out, probably it's NTFS

Thanks for the tips again. I'll try these out and if issues still persists, I'll try to get the box replaced. Anyone else facing issues after updating?
2) There wouldn't be anything to configure on a Sun Direct STB after a Factory Reset using the option in the Menu. A Factory Reset pretty much resets all of the user's Settings like System, Display, etc.,. And then it completes an Auto-Tuning. The auto tuning is completed based on the default frequencies that are set when the STB is manufactured. So we don't have to worry about that. The only things that you'll have to setup after a Factory Reset are the different items in the Menu. You'll have to set them up again. To be fair, there aren't too many Settings in the Menu to be setup anyway.

And yes, if nothing works, changing the box may solve your issues.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock