LHC Cancelled DTH Licenses Given by PEMRA

• Thread starter M@zh@R
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 1,706

M@zh@R

Reaction score
Lahore High Court, in a detailed decision today, termed the recently held DTH auction as void and asked PEMRA to re-start the entire DTH bidding process, starting from inviting new applications.

Decision was primarily based on voiding a section in DTH bidding through which broadcasters (Geo, ARY etc.) were disallowed from participating in the auction.

With this new court order, broadcasters will also be allowed to take part in DTH bidding.

PEMRA had earlier said that broadcasters won’t be given any DTH licenses since it will be a conflict of interest. Lahore High Court, however, decided otherwise and said that broadcasters should be allowed to participate in DTH bidding.

It must be mentioned here that three companies — including one Chinese company — had won the DTH license for 15 years against a license fee of Rs. 4.898 billion per license.

With this new order, if not challenged in Supreme Court, PEMRA will have to start the bidding process from scratch again.

It must be recalled that DTH bidding was originally planned for December 2015, but it was delayed several times and eventually an auction was held on November 23rd, 2016.

Even then Supreme Court had conditionally allowed the auction since Lahore High Court was hearing the case and had issued a stay order on auction.

shawl_who said:
btw, ur game is also going nicely, from yrs :lol

Why have u written India in ur location, when ur location traces back to Pakistan. :shy

What if i am using the Pakistani VPN?

I can proof he is from Pakistan if he wants. But i don't like to breach people privacy without any reason, hence silent. If you have issues in telling your real country, or feeling shameful being from such a country then tell openly. Why to hide bro?

Anyways, i have read else where also you being from Pakistan. I can tell your profession details as well if you like to know incase you forgot!

By the way, we have tools to distinguish between proxy/vpn and real ips. We can confirm its not a vpn at least.

Bapun Raz said:
I can proof he is from Pakistan if he wants. But i don't like to breach people privacy without any reason, hence silent. If you have issues in telling your real country, or feeling shameful being from such a country then tell openly. Why to hide bro?

Anyways, i have read else where also you being from Pakistan. I can tell your profession details as well if you like to know incase you forgot!

By the way, we have tools to distinguish between proxy/vpn and real ips. We can confirm its not a vpn at least.

yes, I dont know, why he does that... there are many Pakistani members here on ddf, who dont hide their country.

And are being treated fairly/equally on DDF, irrespective of the country they belong to.

so, he shud admit, he is not from India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock