Lisa Ray to host Travel and Living Channel show

kramkumar

Contributor
Reaction score
OkakY.png

Indian-Canadian actress Lisa Ray, who overcame cancer, is set to make a comeback on the small screen with Travel and Living Channel's new series on Indian jewellery "Oh My Gold!".

She says her role on the show is of a detective who unwinds hidden cultural facts about India.

Lisa will travel to Jaipur, Hyderabad, Delhi, Kochi and Chennai and explore the jewellery styles of these cities.

"In the show I play the role of a cultural detective - meaning I get all my natural curiosity answered by experts. I ask and know everything just like a detective about all cultural and traditional richness behind the age-old famous jewellery pieces and also the city," Lisa dressed in a black off-shoulder dress and decked up in gold jewellery told reporters here.

"Richness of jewellery is embedded in our DNA, in our psyche. I may not be an expert but I am surely a perfect host because I came with minimal knowledge about the show and through the journey, I have learnt quite a lot and I am sure the viewers will also gain ample knowledge from my show."

The 39-year-old feels the show came as a reward to her.

"The whole experience of 'OMG' has been a fulfilling one. When I got the opportunity to be part of this I just couldn't say no. I had got the offer just after six months (of cancer therapy). It came as a blessing, as a reward to me and surely it has got along a lot of excitement and fun back to my life," she said.

The show is slated to go on air July 11.

tvnext.in

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock