Seeking Help Looking for DTH service for parents

Reaction score
I have been using TS but got into argument, so I would like to switch to another service for Delhi. Mostly watch Sony, Zee, Colors and some news.

also, where can you find the best offers as well?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, I got STB a few months ago in 2nd room and few days ago, we were not able to watch anything, so-called the guy and the tech guy suggested that there might be an issue either in DIsh or STB, while we were discussing on phone, the tech guy decided to replace the box and without our consent, decided to leave his whole team, later I got charged 150+550 for the box which is still in
warranty and TS refused to honor the warranty, stating we don't see anything in the record, whereas the TS app clearly shows one box installed in our premises is still in warranty so now I got to pay 750+ tax.

I don't know if the issue is fixed, but I ain't gonna pay and down the line, if there is an issue then again I will have to pay a visit charge so I would prefer a new connection with warranty.

Last edited:
Oh. That makes sense.

Since you will be watching the popular channels only, you can go for any DTH having good presence in North India. You could go for Airtel DTH or Dish TV but I would highly recommend Dish TV due to their cheaper combo packs and decent service/PQ.

D2H and Sun Direct are mostly south oriented DTH network so I wouldn't recommend that in this situation.

PS: I have both Tata Sky and Dish TV. You can ask anything about both.

Oh. That makes sense.

Since you will be watching the popular channels only, you can go for any DTH having good presence in North India. You could go for Airtel DTH or Dish TV but I would highly recommend Dish TV due to their cheaper combo packs and decent service/PQ.

D2H and Sun Direct are mostly south oriented DTH network so I wouldn't recommend that in this situation.

Nice, i am getting 2550rs Airtel HD with Dabang SD Pack_New for 6 months from Largest compare dth Marketplace in India. would you suggest Dish over Airtel ?

Yes, I got STB a few months ago in 2nd room and few days ago, we were not able to watch anything, so-called the guy and the tech guy suggested that there might be an issue either in DIsh or STB, while we were discussing on phone, the tech guy decided to replace the box and without our consent, decided to leave his whole team, later I got charged 150+550 for the box which is still in
warranty and TS refused to honor the warranty, stating we don't see anything in the record, whereas the TS app clearly shows one box installed in our premises is still in warranty so now I got to pay 750+ tax.

I don't know if the issue is fixed, but I ain't gonna pay and down the line, if there is an issue then again I will have to pay a visit charge so I would prefer a new connection with warranty.
Did technicians left without replacing defective box and still you got charged for it or they successfully installed it? They cannot leave without your consent, they need an OTP which comes on TV.

Did technicians left without replacing defective box and still you got charged for it or they successfully installed it? They cannot leave without your consent, they need an OTP which comes on TV.

He did replace the box and left without even asking if we want to change or not, if he would have asked us about the STB box then we were obviously going to state the warranty, but straight up left while my mother was on a call with CC, and later refused to honor warranty stating the box number does not match with their records which is not possible, we didn't bought from the local market, it was requested 8 months ago via online and they gave to us. I tried escalating and tweeting with no luck.

So would just buy New connection with in-warranty to avoid dealing with this kind of situation.

He did replace the box and left without even asking if we want to change or not, if he would have asked us about the STB box then we were obviously going to state the warranty, but straight up left while my mother was on a call with CC, and later refused to honor warranty stating the box number does not match with their records which is not possible, we didn't bought from the local market, it was requested 8 months ago via online and they gave to us. I tried escalating and tweeting with no luck.

So would just buy New connection with in-warranty to avoid dealing with this kind of situation.
Sure, it's up to you to decide whether to switch operator or not, since getting new connection would also cost you, try raising complaint once with Nodal Officer with all proofs like screenshot of warranty, bill when you booked it, etc.

Tata Sky Nodal Officer | Tata Sky DTH | Tata Sky Limited

If switching, consider ADTV as it has better customer service compared to Dish TV.

Oh. That makes sense.

Which is Better for PQ DishTv Or Tata Sky ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock