Major Lag issue on Xstream STB

ddthtwicee

Reaction score
Hi,
I have gotten my new xstream smart set top box installed today by paying 2249 new connection + 1 week HD pack. While the box and stuff is good, I have noticed significant lag issue in the STB. For example apps like HOtstar are a pain to navigate through because it takes ages for the cursor to move (some apps like JioCInema are working perfectly otherwise). In fact, this lag is present in normal TV also wherein whenever I tune into a channel (HD or SD), it takes a good 2 seconds of lag in the video after which it stabilizes to normal speed. I don't really have anything installed as such since I received it only today. Is someone else facing the same issue as me? Is there a way to solve it?
Also, to try to resolve this issue, if I reset the box completely from the android menu, will it delete the airtel settings for TV and would I have to call the engineer again to set it up? TIA

What is the software version on the box? The latest update had resolved the issue of lag when switching channels!

About resetting the box, you can reset it and there won't be any issues with the channels. However, you might face an issue with the XStream content playback, for which you would need support from the Airtel Twitter team.

QGYYDat.jpg

These are my current settings. Check for update just shows a message saying no new updates available.

QGYYDat.jpg

These are my current settings. Check for update just shows a message saying no new updates available.
You are on the latest version. The lag issue has been fixed in this version.

I am also facing 2 sec lag issue for dth but app like Hotstar looks ok. May be your internet speed or check for update of such apps. Biggest setback of xtreme box is non availability of favourite option on remote. Even though stb allows to mark favourite channels but there is no option to scroll only favourite channels like in HD box.

I just bought an Airtel Xstream box and am on latest version but i am still facing lag while switching channels.
Also I am having cropped videos during Youtube livestreams.

The channel switch lag is still not resolved to date in 2021 either.. Already having a bad experience with this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock