Make an Aluminium C-band dish antenna in less than Rs600 Part 1

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 39
  • Views: Views 60,209

Vinay

Reaction score
Make an Aluminium C-band dish antenna in less than Rs600 and enjoy more than 180 free channels with no monthly charges :eek:hya

Materials needed: Aluminium strips of sufficient thickness (to withstand wind pressure), aluminium mesh / sheet, screws, nuts-bolts

Tools needed: Pliers, Lock Planar, Hack saw, Drill machine, drill bits, screw driver, spirit-level, pen, paper, newspaper.

JK8LF.jpg

Procedure:

Plot this curve as per formula given below on a big newspaper.

xTOdB.jpg

mBRl8.jpg

neNRU.jpg

9wvUw.jpg

Get the straight thick Aluminium strips of required length:

J1wT2.jpg

Bend the strips as shown below:

YJ9xa.jpg

Finished Rib will look like this:

2OzSS.jpg

Rltu9.jpg

cJCwY.jpg

Make the edges even by using a hand planar:

H7HvU.jpg

Cut off extra portion of rib if any:

xhzge.jpg

Go on making the ribs:

EhX2O.jpg

More the number of ribs, more well-defined and strong is the shape:

cw9xN.jpg

Next part: Drilling screw holes in the ribs, assembling the dish, making LNBF arm and floor/wall stand.
Keep visiting DreamDTH for more such interesting topics.
:tup:wlcm

Awesome Topic....very interesting and helpful for newbies !
Some images not loading...

Rep + :)

Thanks IsThatMe bro for +rep. Yes some images are not loading as they are referred from my Facebook profile. Will copy to image sharing site soon.

IsThatME , I watermarked and moved the images from my Facebook to Imgur. You can see them now :)

Nice Tutorial :k ..it is 4 feet C band dish ? :huh Waiting Next Part of The Post :luv.

Vikram said:
Nice Tutorial :k ..it is 4 feet C band dish ? :huh Waiting Next Part of The Post :luv.

Thanks Vikram bhai. Yes this is a 4 feet (120cm) dish antenna. Some members requested me to make a 120cm dish to get Insat4A channels. So this post is for them :)

I am going to market tomorrow to buy Aluminium sheet to cover dish. Will post testing and signal screen in this thread.

Vinay bhau your handwriting is same as mine... :luv

Again excellent job.... :sp :sp :sp

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock