Malayalam exploration Channel ”Safari TV”, carving a niche in Kerala Market

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score

Kottayam: The Globetrotter Santhosh George Kulangara owned Labor India Group's subsidiary Safari Multimedia launched 'Safari TV' on 1st November 2013. Its shows a wide variety of Programs in different genres which Includes Travelogues, Art, Hospitality, Lifestyle, Health and Music etc.

Safari TV being the first 24X7 exploration channel in Malayalam, has gained popularity among the viewers and travel buffs.

Safari TV, in its efforts to expand the reach got on board the South India's leading DTH network Sun Direct DTH and Safari TV is currently available at channel No. 221.

It was ‘Sancharam’ (The Travel) that presented exploratory trips in their fullness in Malayalam visual media for the first time. Santhosh George Kulangara, the globetrotter, started his solo journeys outside India in 1997.

He has already travelled through around ninety countries, spanning the seven continents, with his camera.

The wonderful experiences and splendid sights of those journeys were telecast by Asianet as ‘Sancharam’, a realistic visual travelogue. The viewers, who have always been fond of travel and knowledge, welcomed ‘Sancharam’ with great exuberance. In his turn, Santhosh George went about capturing in his camera the sights of the various lands, which the viewers haven’t seen and presented before them the diversity of world countries, as they longed to see.

After 16 years since he had started travelling, ‘Sancharam’ has turned out to be an exclusive, round-the-clock exploration channel, And that is Safari.

Thus, Safari has a unique history of transforming itself from a half-an-hour travelogue programme telecast once in a week into a 24 X 7 channel.

Safari is a channel that brings the diversity of the global expanse to the visiting room of every Malayalee. This is the first exploration channel in India.

Safari presents diverse programmes that provide entertainment and knowledge alike. World travels, Indian travels, numerous other journeys, history, geography, culture, art and adventure- all come before the viewers through this.

Safari TV has variety of travel, lifestyle and wellness programs such as Sukhino Bhavanthu - a Television Program On Yoga.

Madhupalinte Yatrakal - Anchored By Madhupal, Sancharam - the First Visual Travelogue Series in Malayalam Television. Sancharam has Covered More Than 75 Countries in 7 Continents.

Irupathaam Noottandu - a history-oriented Program Focuses on the Major developments and events that Happened in the 20th Century.

Around The World in 30 Mins, Club Class, Charitram Enniloode, Oru Sancharaiyude Diarykuripukal, Aa Yatrayil, History, Location Hunt, Movies on the Road are Some of the other programs on Safari TV.

With the further expansion in reach by getting in to Sun Direct DTH, the channel hopes to grow further and plans to expand in Middle East the target the Malayalee audience in Gulf too.

http://tvnews4u.com/index.php?optio...el-safari-tv-carving-a-niche-in-kerala-market

I think they are testing the viewership demand among dth subscribers through the generally South Indian based dth company Sun Direct. Soon they will launch on other dth platforms too. Correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

nambbus said:
I think they are testing the viewership demand among dth subscribers through the generally South Indian based dth company Sun Direct. Soon they will launch on other dth platforms too. Correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

May be.:s

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock