Breaking Malaysia's Astro 'doesn't know' about talks with Reliance Digital TV

• Thread starter Manu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 1,017

Manu

Contributor
Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Malaysian and ASEAN content and consumer company Astro Malaysia Holdings Bhd has scotched rumours about due diligence being done to buy financially-beleaguered Indian DTH operator Reliance Digital TV saying it "does not know anything" about the talks.

"I read about it in the newspaper," Astro CEO Datuk Rohana Rozhan was quoted as saying by website The Edge Markets in a report datelined Kuala Lumpur. The pay TV service provider’s executive further told reporters that “as a matter of principle, we don't comment on rumours."

According to the website report, pressed with questions on whether Astro was denying that it was in talks with Reliance Digital TV, Rohana was quoted as saying, “I don't know anything about it and I am the CEO of this company."
To continue reading - Malaysia's Astro 'doesn't know' about talks with Reliance Digital TV

Not necessarily be a rumor. If its not Astro then one of their partner could be doing the talks on behalf of them. This is not new in business. Once everything is finalised the real picture would emerge.

3 yrs back RCom was planning to exit DTH after merging subsidiary with Sun Direct so this might be the continuation.

1376083071-2261.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock