Man killed for appearing on Satyamev Jayate

tech_genie

Reaction score
Man killed for appearing on Satyamev Jayate

Did Abdul Hakim of Bulandshahr pay with his life for speaking against Khap Panchayats on actor Aamir Khan's TV show Satyamev Jayate. So it seems.

Abdul Hakim was shot dead last Thursday, allegedly by his wife's family, but police now claim that he became victim of a feud in his own family .

Hakim and his wife Mahvish, who were residing in Delhi after their love marriage, had just returned to their native village Adholi on Thursday when one Salman stopped them and shot Hakim with his pistol, killing him on the spot.

Since both their families were opposed to the alliance, the couple had been living in Delhi at a shelter in Delhi.

However, the couple was recently informed by mediators that their families had decided to accept their marriage and they could return to the village.

Before returning to their families, the couple appeared in an episode of Satyamev Jayate where they spoke how the Khap panchayat had tried to stall their marriage and had even ordered their killing.

Mahvish told a news channel on Monday that her husband was shot dead because he spoke against Khap on the TV show.

Meanwhile, actor Aamir Khan told a news channel that he would speak to the authorities and ensure that Hakim's wife is safe.

Did Abdul Hakim of Bulandshahr pay with his life for speaking against Khap Panchayats on actor Aamir Khan's TV show Satyamev Jayate. So it seems.

Abdul Hakim was shot dead last Thursday, allegedly by his wife's family, but police now claim that he became victim of a feud in his own family .

Hakim and his wife Mahvish, who were residing in Delhi after their love marriage, had just returned to their native village Adholi on Thursday when one Salman stopped them and shot Hakim with his pistol, killing him on the spot.

Since both their families were opposed to the alliance, the couple had been living in Delhi at a shelter in Delhi.

However, the couple was recently informed by mediators that their families had decided to accept their marriage and they could return to the village.

Before returning to their families, the couple appeared in an episode of Satyamev Jayate where they spoke how the Khap panchayat had tried to stall their marriage and had even ordered their killing.

Mahvish told a news channel on Monday that her husband was shot dead because he spoke against Khap on the TV show.

Meanwhile, actor Aamir Khan told a news channel that he would speak to the authorities and ensure that Hakim's wife is safe.

Source: Man killed for appearing on TV show | Deccan Chronicle

Aamir Khan speaks up for murdered khap critic

Superstar Aamir Khan visited Meerut on Monday to appeal to the police to ensure the security of the widow and daughter of murdered labourer Abdul Hakim, 29, who spoke about the terror unleashed on lovers by khap panchayats in western UP on his show Satyamev Jayate earlier this

Hakim was allegedly shot dead by five men in broad daylight in Adoli village in Bulandshahr district on November 22 as he was about to visit a clinic to get medicines for his pregnant wife, Mehawish, 25.

Mehawish has claimed that some villagers have threatened to kill her and her 16-month-old daughter as well.

"I was told that Abdul's village is in the Meerut region and I wanted to go there but can't go right now due to my pre-scheduled programmes," Aamir told HT.

But he said he could visit the village in the near future.

Describing the murder as an emotional shock, the actor said, "I have raised the issue at every possible forum and will continue my efforts to bring justice and relief to the aggrieved family."
Denouncing 'honour' killings, Aamir felt the country has effective laws to deal with such cases but what is required is "a change in the attitude of people and society, without which we can't check and control such cases".

A spokesperson for the Star network of channels on which Satyamev Jayate is shown, said, "We strongly condemn the killing of Mr Abdul Hakim, who was interviewed as part of documentation for the show Satyamev Jayate, specifically for the episode Intolerance to Love. We offer our deepest condolences and sympathies to Mr Hakim's kin and appeal to the investigating agencies to quickly bring the perpetrators of this heinous crime to book and serve justice to the family."

2eyvodg.jpg

Source: Aamir Khan speaks up for murdered khap critic - Hindustan Times

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock