Sad News Many Sony channels removed from Tata Sky due to breakdown in contract negotiations (Sony Six HD Readded)

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,172
  • Views: Views 328,329
Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to customer care today to activate sony channels and they were saying same old story that to avoid price hike they dropped Sony channels and retained popular Sony channels and to view those we need to request for activation of each channel.

I had these questions which they could not answer:
1. When they dropped all Sony channels, why they did not decrease my pack price because my pack definitly included some cost which I was paying for Sony channels. When they dropped them, they should decrease pack price and if I request for adding them back then they can revert to original price? They took the decision to drop channels then why not adjust price for those deletions?
2. They themselves say they retained some sony popular channels, why should we again activate each of them separately. Can't they activate all those channels which are part of the pack customer is using?

Well please understand that this is not a dispute just between Sony and Tata Sky. All the broadcasters are united against operators in demanding an increase in fixed deal amount while operators stand together in resisting it due to multiple reasons. Had it been a one off tussle between two parties then things would have been different & such major breakdown would not have been caused.

I guess you all must have noticed in past few years that all DTH operators used to increase prices at almost same time by an equal amount, so there is a larger understanding between them on broader issues even though they are competitors.

These issues won't be resolved before final verdict comes out on TRAI Tariff Order. Major operators like Dish d2h have also raised displeasure over broadcasters offering content for free on their own apps or at massive discount to third party OTT platforms while charging a premium from DTH operators for the same. I won't be surprised if Zee Channels are also blacked out soon though Indiacast matter with Tata Sky seems to have cooled down as Colors Kannada Cinema was recently added which indicates that talks are on track. Let's see what happens in next few weeks

TataSky is now running a message on it's home channel ( ch no. 100). We subscribers don't need these massages from TS but we need all the SON channels back not only the popular channels. Or else I want my money back for all these 5 days. I really miss SONY BBC EARTH.:cry:

i already request for refund but they are not giving, while i am bumper annual pack subscriber

Don't subscribe Annual packs or 6 months packs. TRAI tariff order will implement from 1 Jan 2019.

Hopefully they would add them back soon. Its quite a dilemma for people like me, favorite DTH vs Favorite broadcaster, LOL

If they don't agree, I loose, If they agree we all wins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock