MDU, HD+ with single wire

• Thread starter akilis
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 6,445

akilis

Reaction score
Hi,
Our society has MDU unit installed and I want to connect my HD+ box. But peope are saying single wire will not work (may be it is not configured to send H and V signals in single wire).
Now I cant install another wire.
So let us I dont want to use recording functionality, can I connect single wire to box?
Will I be able to view all channels?

What you can do is Use a splitter.
you can connect the single wire to the splitter and the splitter will split one wire into two which you can connect to the Box.

Or
You can buy a Tata Sky+Transfer Box .
On that you only need a single wire and You can record as well as watch at the same time

I was in the same situation and my Airtel HD DVR didn't work with one wire. But the TS HD+ transfer box works with one wire. So you can get that as well. It's a one time investment but we'll worth the money.

ABCDEFGH said:
What you can do is Use a splitter.
you can connect the single wire to the splitter and the splitter will split one wire into two which you can connect to the Box.

Or
You can buy a Tata Sky+Transfer Box .
On that you only need a single wire and You can record as well as watch at the same time
But splitter will require only if I want to do both record and watch difeerent channels at same time, right?
Idealy as per my knowledge single splitter is sufficient to watch channels frim both H and V polarity...
Or am I missing something?
Us it possible that there is limitation from MDU hardware?

Tatasky replace all Mdu unit in India in super lnb it will be capable detect both signal horizontal and vertical in one wires first of all brother you will go to Mdu d's and watch it has been replaced with super lnb or not if this is not replace in super lnb please contact with you area Asi (area service incharge) this is the best lnb I have ever seen in my 8 years working Tata Sky

Tata Sky will decide Mdu service or any activity will doing only premium installer if any installer coming on your society please ask him he is premium installer or not only premium installer know How to rectify problems on mdu

Tatasky hd+ box have two coaxial cable input. Hd+ box works like this, when you are not recording anything every other channels uses signal from different cable for e.g say every odd channel works with input 1 cable and every even channel works on input 2. When you start recording input showing the channel always busy with recording till the recording ends and other input's signal used to show you all other channels if you changed (+,-) the channel in this time. So this means you need both input plugged in even if you are not using recording function.

Also if you plugged in only 1 input while other is unplugged and you power on your stb it will not boot properly and show you message no signal.

But you don't compulsorily need 2 different cables directly from LNB a mere splitter next to STB will works well.

All the above conditions i tested myself on my box.

Its not true h and v cant be on single wire if thats the case even normal stb needs 2 inputs.

6123fcb2b62bc8b1cd8d4d44e224dbfc.jpg

61b9aefccceabc929f83dd49744387c1.jpg
I am also MDU installer and auditor I know what is the best way to give a good service for customers

[quote='abhi I am also MDU installer and auditor I know what is the best way to give a good service for customers

[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock