Merger of LS TV and RS TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
Central Govt planning to merge LS Tv and RS Tv into a single channel and proposed new name would be, "Sansad TV" and for this discussion a six member panel has already being made . In 2006 , LS TV was started as 24 Hours channel when Somnath Chatterjee was LS speaker and in 2011, RS Tv broadcasting was started .
GCjE2Xq.jpg

master.png

“Both RS and LS TV provide analytical and accurate coverage, hence they should be allowed to operate as they are,” said the former official, requesting not to be identified. “TRP (a measure of viewership) is not an issue for either of them, nor is revenue. Our country’s expenditure on Parliament is anyway much less than in many other countries,” he said

Panel to decide on ways to merge Rajya Sabha, Lok Sabha TV channels

Last edited:
This a good decision. Savings of money. Transponder. My opinion , merge both channels and provide us in HD format.👍
They can also save money by shutdown unnecessary DD channels. Just look at their trp. They are available on dd free dish still people don't watch them. Most of the time they broadcast boring program. Except DD bangla...

Last edited:
Stupid move.
Citizens have right to choose n see which house proceedings they want to see. Both houses are having sittings at same time both houses simultaneously have debates and discussion. Merging means only one can be telecasted at a time that's not fair at all why should Doordarshan decide if I watch Loksabha proceedings or Rajyasabha

I am sorry I didn't want to get involved in political discussions. This is just absurd. There is always blackouts that causes us to miss out some live sessions which is really important as session happens simultaneously. I strongly suggest a better technical upgrade to avoid blackouts. And it's time we get Court TV when people loses faith in judiciary and cheers police encounters.

Blackout Examples

1. Lok Sabha passes Telangana Bill amid TV blackout

2. Power Failure Caused Derek O'Brien's Rajya Sabha Speech Blackout: Probe

3. Rajya Sabha TV Stopped Telecast When Opposition Heckled Amit Shah

Last edited:
A biggest percent of People never watch DD Channels. So, It should be better if they merge all DD channels into a single channel. And name Will ''DD Merged''😁
No no. Some dd channels are good to watch.. We use to watch dd bangla every Saturday and Sunday... we love programs like comedy shows Bhojoharir Dhaba, Sreemoti, Robibarer sera poribar on a regular basis and also live telecast from Belur math durga puja, and their news telecast also good for people who want to watch less chaotic news.

And also dd national, dd news when isro launch their satellite.. i never miss that.
dd odia because of puri ratha yatra live, dd kisan for agriculture, dd sports for state level sports etc. Atleast 20 channels are good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock