MIB drops AXN and AXN HD from permitted satellite TV channels repository

TV is a dying medium. Why would anyone wanna invest in the infrastructure & programming?

Not true. I have already shared detailed analysis on this topic earlier , plz do search and go thru it. English GEC still have huge potential to succeed on Linaer TV platforms in India. If AXN Asia can continue to run successfully in markets which have much more internet and OTT penetration than India then surely they can tap in much more potential viewers here

Not true. I have already shared detailed analysis on this topic earlier , plz do search and go thru it. English GEC still have huge potential to succeed on Linaer TV platforms in India. If AXN Asia can continue to run successfully in markets which have much more internet and OTT penetration than India then surely they can tap in much more potential viewers here
Your profile is locked. If possible, could you please provide the link to English GEC doing great on Linear TV in India?

India is a different market compared to any other country. Thanks to Jio. Entire generation is growing to be digital only users. That's why we can't be compared to any other markets.

Bro, blame it to censor board, they chops off horror, intimate and gruesome scenes which sparks the intrest among viewers, I remember in early days AXN was very bold channel but after few years it was censored and it had to shut down many promising shows

Your profile is locked. If possible, could you please provide the link to English GEC doing great on Linear TV in India?

India is a different market compared to any other country. Thanks to Jio. Entire generation is growing to be digital only users. That's why we can't be compared to any other markets.

You can go thru these threads buddy, i have discussed on this in detail various occasions

Bro, blame it to censor board, they chops off horror, intimate and gruesome scenes which sparks the intrest among viewers, I remember in early days AXN was very bold channel but after few years it was censored and it had to shut down many promising shows

Blame solely lies with broadcasters, not having proper strategy to tap in new/potential audience as well as engage loyal/regular audience with relevant content and above all increasing the prices of channels / bouquet post NTO implementation.
Colors Infinity and Comedy Central r available at affordable cost, airing good content and still popular among audience. If they do some more improvements then surely they will get higher ratings

If English GEC can work in countries where internet penetration is high and speed is more stable , there r many more OTT platforms available and above all where TV subscription charges r almost equal to OTT combo subscription then why cannot English GEC channels perform well in India where internet penetration still is limited (more specifically broadband) and internet speeds r still not stable in many towns, villages, cities, OTT platforms do not offer all content available on TV and most importantly TV channels are much more affordable than OTT subscription.

Jio surely offered free mobile internet in initial few years but now there is a cost involved and watching content on mobile as compared to TV is not quite the same experience. TV Channels offer large screen experience, convenience to watch curated content and affordability which lack and apart from first thing latter two aren't offered incase of OTT. Even if u want to watch OTT content on big screen then u require smart box or tv which again most people cannot afford and even if some people opt for it then again internet costs/speed, OTT subscription charges r an issue.

DTH companies r offering hybrid boxes for a reason bcoz they know need for TV channels still remain high across audience types and genres.

Blame solely lies with broadcasters, not having proper strategy to tap in new/potential audience as well as engage loyal/regular audience with relevant content and above all increasing the prices of channels / bouquet post NTO implementation.
Colors Infinity and Comedy Central r available at affordable cost, airing good content and still popular among audience. If they do some more improvements then surely they will get higher ratings
For sure. When I was in school, there used to be so much variety in English movie and tv programming. I found something new every single day on one channel or the other. Now its the same content repeated 5 days a week on most channels which will get boring for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock