MIB permits 36 channels to uplink from India for foreign audience

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Out of 832 permitted channels, the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has allowed only 36 channels to uplink from India to beam overseas.

While these channels are meant only for foreign viewership and are not required to comply with the Indian programming and advertisement code, they are required to ensure compliance of the rules and regulations of the target country for which content is produced and uplinked.

Interestingly, out of these 36 channels, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) owns 22, Zee Media Corporation two and Star India six (one under Vijay Television).

Asianet Communications, IBN18 Broadcast, Kalaignar TV, Malayalam Communication, Raj Television and SGA News each have one channel.

Channel Name
Asianet Middle East
News18 India
Kalaignar Asia
Kairali Arabia
Raj TV Asia
South Asia World
Star One South East
Life OK (Middle East)
Star Gold South East
Star Plus Middle East
Star Cricket Asia
Vijay International Feed
Zee TV UK
Zee TV USA
Zee TV - South Africa
Zee Tamizh (Zee Interna
Zee Cinema USA
Classic Cinema UK
Action Cinema UK
Zee Cinema USA
Zee TV Russia
Zee Cinema-Middle East
Zee Sea
Zee Me
Zee Variasi (Zee Astro)
Zee Bangla USA
Zee Telugu USA
Zee Bangla-USA
Zee Telugu USA

Minister of State(MoS) for I&B Col Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore told Parliament today in a written reply that as per the unlinking policy, the content should not contain anything against the sovereignty, integrity and national security. For monitoring purposes, these channels are required to preserve the recordings of proceedings for at least six months, he explained.

Read more at: 

MIB permits 36 channels to uplink from India for foreign audience | TelevisionPost.com

Star Cricket is only for Singapore i believe ;
So most likely other channels also for tht region :huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock