MIB pulls up Russia Today for airing indecent content Read more at: http://www.telev

Bishnu15

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) has pulled up Moscow-based channel Russia Today for airing a video clip containing several indecent shots last year. Russia Today was issued an advisory to adhere to the Programme and Advertising Codes. In its advisory, the Ministry said a show cause notice was issued to the channel after it was noticed that in December last year it ran visuals which appeared offending against good taste and decency. Responding to the notice, Lamhas Satellite Services Limited, the distribution partner of Russia Today, submitted that they did not intentionally or unintentionally try to vilify the portrayal of women in general and that the show was an extract of another programme purely based on abstract, experimental artistic pursuit as depicted in the clip. It added that the channel did not aim at objectification of women in a detrimental way while also apologising on behalf of the channel. The company said that they had instructed Russia Today Channel to strictly abide by the Cable TV Regulation Act. Russia Today has also apologised for the mistake and assured that it will be more careful and vigilant about the content exhibited in India. A representative of the channel appeared before an inter-ministerial committee (IMC) which looked into the matter and admitted that it was a mistake on their part to telecast the programme. The representative added that the programme was telecast during late hours under the impression that it would be watched by adult persons only and, thus, would not be treated as a violation. Post the examination; the committee felt that Russia Today appeared to be ignorant of some rules as they were referring to ‘Watershed hour’ concept which may be there in some countries but is not a part of the Programme Code. However, considering that the channel had apologised and expressed willingness to abide by rules in future, the committee also noted that this was the first show cause notice for Russia Today, indicating that they normally have followed the Programme Code. Emphasising that a foreign TV channel needs to be aware of rules of the country in which they broadcast, the committee recommended issuing an advisory to Russia Today

Read more at: MIB pulls up Russia Today for airing indecent content | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

Russia shud launch other ent. chnls as well in India, apart from RT.

like THT, Pyatnista etc.. :k

Yeah me too agree Shawl bro. Russian Channels can become equally popular in India.

I wonder what was the stimulation for population growth in India in late 20th century ???

Now censoring everything in TV when Internet will give the alternatives :wall

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
I wonder what was the stimulation for population growth in India in late 20th century ???

Now censoring everything in TV when Internet will give the alternatives :wall

So what do you recommend?

uncensored content should be shown Directly on Television?:no

actually the warning was not for any uncensored content.

But for "objectification of women". That is probably they had shown women in a demeaning manner.. which shudnt be accepted

ABCDEFGH said:
So what do you recommend?

uncensored content should be shown Directly on Television?:no

No buddy, ''censoring'' I was referring to the cheap & vulgar jokes of cinema in the past and those ''must needed'' rape scenes in every movies of 90s :skd

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock