Migration from Videocon d2h HD to Tata Sky HD; Usage and Experience

Zaxotes

Contributor
Reaction score
I had opted for Videocon d2h HD connection in 2013; which was my first venture in the DTH revolution. I had analysed and researched on the service providers and my primary parameter was the number of HD channels available on the platform. At the time of subscribing, d2h had 22 HD channels and that number was industry's highest during that time. Had been using the same from last 3+ years, expecting addition of new HD channels, only to be disappointed at the company's move. Also, I was always on the highest pack; the South Platinum HD (was also called New South Platinum HD for some time) during my stint with d2h. 

The desperation caused me to finally ditch d2h and gift myself a Tata Sky HD connection in October of 2016. I ordered the HD STB (valued at INR 1800) from Tata Sky online, bundled with Annual Subscription of the South Platinum HD (valued at INR 8900) . The bundle also included 5 Actve services (Cooking, Smart Games, Music, Fun Learn & English) free for one month. This would total up at INR 11345 (as per website) individually but costed me INR 9045 and also included two coupons from Urban Ladder and Lakme valued at INR 2000 and INR 500 respectively.

Though not a fan of the 'Free Actve Services', I still consider this a great deal. I have been very happy about the process right from ordering to installation (which was done within 12 hours from the time of order). I have been using Tata Sky HD from past 4 months and not even a single time I have faced any issue. Only drawback in comparison to d2h I have experienced so far is the longer channel switching times and the channels that are set as 'favorites'. Videocon d2h had an option to select and assign favorites from Channel No. 1 to 80. I feel the favorites system in Tata Sky needs to be changed as it causes confusion when favorite channels are set from Channel No. 900; this is also not very well received by the elders at home.

Rest everything, so far so good!

Congrats bro and enjoy.I am glad to see you are enjoying the active services as there are lot of options in Tata Sky.

Many congratulations buddy.

zaxotes said:
I had opted for Videocon d2h HD connection in 2013; which was my first venture in the DTH revolution. I had analysed and researched on the service providers and my primary parameter was the number of HD channels available on the platform. At the time of subscribing, d2h had 22 HD channels and that number was industry's highest during that time. Had been using the same from last 3+ years, expecting addition of new HD channels, only to be disappointed at the company's move. Also, I was always on the highest pack; the South Platinum HD (was also called New South Platinum HD for some time) during my stint with d2h. 

The desperation caused me to finally ditch d2h and gift myself a Tata Sky HD connection in October of 2016. I ordered the HD STB (valued at INR 1800) from Tata Sky online, bundled with Annual Subscription of the South Platinum HD (valued at INR 8900) . The bundle also included 5 Actve services (Cooking, Smart Games, Music, Fun Learn & English) free for one month. This would total up at INR 11345 (as per website) individually but costed me INR 9045 and also included two coupons from Urban Ladder and Lakme valued at INR 2000 and INR 500 respectively.

Though not a fan of the 'Free Actve Services', I still consider this a great deal. I have been very happy about the process right from ordering to installation (which was done within 12 hours from the time of order). I have been using Tata Sky HD from past 4 months and not even a single time I have faced any issue. Only drawback in comparison to d2h I have experienced so far is the longer channel switching times and the channels that are set as 'favorites'. Videocon d2h had an option to select and assign favorites from Channel No. 1 to 80. I feel the favorites system in Tata Sky needs to be changed as it causes confusion when favorite channels are set from Channel No. 900; this is also not very well received by the elders at home.

Hopeless Favourite list in Tata Sky channels count only 50 n starting from 900 is biggest drawback of Favorite list option by a DTH company. Favourite list should n must be single to 2 Digit nos I.e 1-80 nos.

Justsnow22 said:
Hopeless Favourite list in Tata Sky channels count only 50 n starting from 900 is biggest drawback of Favorite list option by a DTH company. Favourite list should n must be single to 2 Digit nos I.e 1-80 nos.

Don't quote long posts ...:k

zaxotes said:

[font=arial, sans-serif]I shifted to videocon d2h about a year back. I found their interface and platform very easy to understand & use. In fact there are several regional channels also that d2h offers in HD. I'm sure even tata sky must be offering lot’s of HD channels, maybe 2-3 more, but not too sure about those extra HD channels being of too much value. All top watched HD channels are available on d2h. Since my family have their channel preferences, they really like how the favorites are organised in Videocon d2h. Even their call centre is easily approachable without facing those machine voices. We are really happy with it so far! Cheers![/font]

zaxotes said:
I feel the favorites system in Tata Sky needs to be changed as it causes confusion when favorite channels are set from Channel No. 900; this is also not very well received by the elders at home.

Correct even all DTH provider should do this. Favorite between 1-100

rm2166080 said:
[font=arial, sans-serif]I shifted to videocon d2h about a year back. I found their interface and platform very easy to understand & use. In fact there are several regional channels also that d2h offers in HD. I'm sure even tata sky must be offering lot’s of HD channels, maybe 2-3 more, but not too sure about those extra HD channels being of too much value. All top watched HD channels are available on d2h. Since my family have their channel preferences, they really like how the favorites are organised in Videocon d2h. Even their call centre is easily approachable without facing those machine voices. We are really happy with it so far! Cheers![/font]

Don't quote long posts...:k remove the quoted text from your post...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock