Mission : IRNSS 1I News & update

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3
  • Views: Views 1,156

Sarkar

Contributor
Reaction score
RNSS-1I, which will be launched by PSLV-C41 rocket from Sriharikota on April 12, will replace faulty IRNSS-1A navigation satellite, whose three Rubidium atomic clocks (meant to measure precise location data) had stopped working two years ago. IRNSS-1I weighing 600kg (dry mass) and a life span of 10 years will become the eighth satellite to join the constellation of navigation satellites called NavIC (Navigation with Indian Constellation) or popularly known as IRNSS.

On August 31 last year, Isro tried to launch IRNSS-1H to replace faulty IRNSS-1A but the navigation satellite got stuck in the heat shield of the PSLV rocket during the launch, ultimately fall to the Earth

Despite Gsat-6A jolt, Isro gears up for navigation sat launch on April 12 - Times of India

ISRO launches IRNSS-1I navigation satellite on board PSLV-C41 rocket

After separation, the solar panels of IRNSS-1I were deployed automatically. Isro's Master Control Facility (MCF) at Hassan, Karnataka, took over the control of the satellite.

The navigation satellite IRNSS-1I is part of Indian satellite navigation system ‘Navigation with Indian Constellation’ (NavIC) in a copy-book style. NavIC, also known as Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), is an independent regional navigation satellite system designed to provide position information in the Indian region and 1,500 km around the Indian mainland. Simply put, NavIC (earlier the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System or IRNSS) is the Indian 'GPS'.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2018 : The second orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I Satellite has been successfully carried out at 20:04 hr IST on April 13, 2018. The achieved perigee height is 8683 km and apogee height is 35733 km.

Apr 13, 2018 : The second orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is successfully carried out at 20:04 hr IST on April 13, 2018

Apr 13, 2018 : The first orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is successfully carried out at 4:19 hr IST on April 13, 2018

Apr 12, 2018 : The first orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is planned to be carried out at 4:15 hr IST on April 13, 2018. The targeted perigee height is 322 km and apogee height is 35887 km

PSLV-C41 Liftoff and Onboard Camera View - ISRO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock