Mohit Raina is the new, grown-up Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
He was a big hit with the audience for his portrayal of Lord Shiva in Life OK’s Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. Now, as the grown up Ashoka on Colors TV’s Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat, Mohit Raina gets a second shot at charming his way into the hearts of his audience.

The show is taking a time leap and will therefore bid farewell to the 15-year-old Siddharth Nigam who currently essays the role of the righteous Mauryan king.

Though Raina already had the required muscular body for playing Shiv, he seems to have built more muscle for this role.

Pleased about the role, Raina told Deccan Chronicle why he was excited to play Ashoka. “It’s a monumental character. When the character has huge potential, automatically the job of the actor becomes easy,” he said.
Raina’s character will follow the emperor’s journey of conquering everything before finally embracing Buddhism.

“Ashoka has been the greatest emperor of all times, so obviously I am super excited to play him on the screen. The role has a lot of variations. After Mahadev, it fits my profile. To be honest, I was apprehensive initially but seeing the canvas of the character and the efforts of the creatives I was convinced.”
Hopefully, the audience will appreciate him just like they loved young Siddharth.

With the characters growing up in the serial, speculation is rife that Soumya Seth of Navya fame might also join the cast as the Kaurvaki. It’ll be interesting to see who else joins the series.

First look: Mohit Raina is the new, grown-up Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock