• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!
    Log in or Register

Moving to TataSky

ikkru

Registered
Joined
31 Mar 2016
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Dear friends

After a long friendship with Videocon for 4 years, now iam planning to move to TS
Because, now TS offers more malayalam channels, expecially Janam TV.

in local distributor TS costs 2000, but in TS website it costs 1800. But for my surprise in Amazone, i will get it for just 1400. Is there any difference between these three? all are with one month free subscription. Is amazon reliable? who will come to install if i buy through amazon? Local distributor or any other tecnision?

please help

Ikkru
 

98shubhamk

Contributor
Joined
12 Jul 2015
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
776
ikkru said:
Dear friends

After a long friendship with Videocon for 4 years, now iam planning to move to TS
Because, now TS offers more malayalam channels, expecially Janam TV.

in local distributor TS costs 2000, but in TS website it costs 1800. But for my surprise in Amazone, i will get it for just 1400. Is there any difference between these three? all are with one month free subscription. Is amazon reliable? who will come to install if i buy through amazon? Local distributor or any other tecnision?

please help

Ikkru

I would suggest go for long duration packs
 

Kaku875

Registered
Joined
10 Aug 2015
Messages
119
Reaction score
45
Technician frm Tata Sky will come and no issue if you order through amazon.
Myself had ordered through it and got it installed in 4 hours after placing order.
 

ikkru

Registered
Joined
31 Mar 2016
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Thanks friends
But How this much difference in price between amazon and TSOnline?

What about pic quality in TS compared to D2H?

 

98shubhamk

Contributor
Joined
12 Jul 2015
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
776
ikkru said:
Thanks friends
But How this much difference in price between amazon and TSOnline?

What about pic quality in TS compared to D2H?

TS has a right hand in every aspect with videocon


Bro i ll suggest go for annual pack....it saves lots of money
 

hike

Contributor
Joined
1 Aug 2014
Messages
8,287
Solutions
1
Reaction score
8,255
TATA SKY is best in every way! I have TATA SKY in my village I always recharge it with annual pack and it's best! But, as compared to hathway in my city Jaipur TATA SKY is nothing!
Go Jhingalala, Go for TATA SKY
Firstly I like Dish TV but, due to PQ I like TATA SKY!
 

prasad1979

Contributor
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
346
Reaction score
193
I'll suggest following -
Pl. call Tatasky toll free number 1800 208 6633 & buy using debit card.
Costs -

1.
Rs. 4,885 for HD set top box (STB) with 'dhamaal kids' annual pack with 1 year HD access fee included.
As such only 'dhamaal kids' annul subscription fee = Rs. 3,630,
1 year HD fee = Rs. 1,925, &
HD STB = Rs. 1,800.
Total = 7,335.
You save Rs. 2,470 when u buy from help line.

2.
Rs. 5,550 for HD set top box (STB) with 'bumper' annual pack with 1 year HD access fee included.
As such only 'bumper' annul subscription fee = Rs. 4,400,
1 year HD fee = Rs. 1,925, &
HD STB = Rs. 1,800.
Total = 8,125.
You save Rs. 2,575 when u buy from help line.

3.
Website is not listing offer for south packs. Since you are south customer, check with help line if they've similar offers for South packs. Those also will be cheaper.

When u buy using helpline, you don't have to pay anything during installation - for extra cable specifically. Standard installation includes only 10 mtr cable. If more cable is required then it is charged extra.

source -
Order Tata Sky DTH Online, Order Set Top Box, HD Set Top Box

 

prasad1979

Contributor
Joined
29 Nov 2012
Messages
346
Reaction score
193
You also have option to buy ASC -

"
What is ASC?
ASC stands for Annual Service Commitment - a special service offered to Tata Sky subscribers to have their set top box serviced after the base warranty period is over.

How does a subscriber avail of the ASC?
The subscriber needs to call the helpline and request for ASC enrolment. A Tata Sky Installer will then visit the subscriber's home to carry out a technical inspection of the equipment, post which he will get the ASC form duly filled and signed by the subscriber.

What is covered under the ASC & what is the validity of the ASC?
The Tata Sky set top box will be covered under the ASC. This ASC will not cover the Remote and/or any wilful physical damage of the set top box or installation material, any form of substitution or replacement that has been done, any defacement of the serial number on the set top box, any voltage fluctuations or rat bites or neglect - on account of improper use.

ASC charges
Time at which the ASC is purchased Primary Box Each Secondary Box
On the day of Installation Rs 199 Rs 199
Within Base warranty Rs 299 Rs 249
Out of warranty Rs 499 Rs 449
During the 90 day service warranty Rs 499 Rs 449

"

Source -
Tata Sky DTH Helpline, Tata Sky Customer care, Tata Sky Support

Go to FAQ section. Select "Customer Care"
 

jkaza

Contributor
Joined
11 Oct 2012
Messages
536
Reaction score
296
prasad1979 said:
I'll suggest following -
Pl. call Tatasky toll free number 1800 208 6633 & buy using debit card.
Costs -

1.
Rs. 4,885 for HD set top box (STB) with 'dhamaal kids' annual pack with 1 year HD access fee included.
As such only 'dhamaal kids' annul subscription fee = Rs. 3,630,
1 year HD fee = Rs. 1,925, &
HD STB = Rs. 1,800.
Total = 7,335.
You save Rs. 2,470 when u buy from help line.

2.
Rs. 5,550 for HD set top box (STB) with 'bumper' annual pack with 1 year HD access fee included.
As such only 'bumper' annul subscription fee = Rs. 4,400,
1 year HD fee = Rs. 1,925, &
HD STB = Rs. 1,800.
Total = 8,125.
You save Rs. 2,575 when u buy from help line.

3.
Website is not listing offer for south packs. Since you are south customer, check with help line if they've similar offers for South packs. Those also will be cheaper.

When u buy using helpline, you don't have to pay anything during installation - for extra cable specifically. Standard installation includes only 10 mtr cable. If more cable is required then it is charged extra.

source -
Order Tata Sky DTH Online, Order Set Top Box, HD Set Top Box
thanks for updates...
 
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock