MSM Discovery channels threaten to go dark on IndusInd Media cable

Reaction score
MSM Discovery channels threaten to go dark on IndusInd Media cable

MUMBAI: MSM Discovery’s TheOneAlliance has issued disconnection notices to Hinduja Group-owned multi-system operator (MSO) IndusInd Media and Communication Limited (IMCL) in various Phase I and II cities of digital addressable system (DAS) for non-payment of dues and non-renewal of agreement.

In the Phase I cities, the notices have been issued for non-renewal of agreement, outstanding dues and signal piracy, while in the Phase II cities it is for non-payment of dues.

TheOneAlliance officials declined to comment on the matter as the negotiations with the MSO are still on.

IMCL MD & CEO Tony D’Silva was unavailable for comment at the time of filing of this report.

In the recent past, sportscaster Star Sports had issued switch-off notices to IMCL in various DAS cities for non-payment of dues. Before that, Media Pro had taken it to task for failing to clear outstanding dues.

Broadcasters have been complaining that IMCL, which runs under In Digital brand in the DAS areas, has not been able to fulfil its payment commitments. “They have been under financial stress for some time owing to funding issues,” said a senior official of a distribution company on condition of anonymity.

He, however, was quick to add that the promoters are pumping in Rs 300 crore ( Rs 3 billion) into IMCL which would bring relief to the beleaguered MSO. IMCL has been going through challenging times.

It has lost a lot of ground in both Phase I and II cities. Even as its content cost went up in DAS cities, the critical carriage revenue declined taking a toll on its balance sheet.

MSM Discovery channels threaten to go dark on IndusInd Media cable | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock