Discussion Mukesh Ambani is in talks to sell his news media assets to India’s Times Group

Another disaster in India mediasphere. I am 100% sure that Times group cannot absorb the entire loss making regional and national news network of TV18. If they do then I am sure they will also collapse. If Times group was interested in shopping for regional news channels they would have done it long back. Basically we are entering consolidation phase. All money spending and loss making big companies are joining together to create mega corporation. Rest will collapse. Remember nobody bailed out Anil's RCOM. Now even Mukesh doesn't want to bail out his own pet company and is asking smaller moneybags to do dirty work. Zee is now mainly controlled by foreign investors. Viacom, Sony and Disney controls the rest. Only news business is remaining in Indian hand. Prepare for heavy job losses when they all retreat. If Times wants to keep profitability intact they should dodge this googly.
I think Zee will be in the hands of a foreign company after some years.

We will explore all strategic options at the present.
Ofcourse in business negotiations are always open, but in this case even Reliance has denied that they are selling. Anyway good for India that its richest man is still investing in news business.

Last edited:
Sustainable also does not mean they will not expand or buy..
As they have already said they will explore all strategic option as they present
Both Reliance and Times group has denied. Sustainable mean profitable and if expansion is not profitable then they will not proceed. But no harm in exploring any new offers as they come.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock