MULTI LNB SETUP

riteish

Reaction score
hello to all friends of DREAMDTH,
this is my first post and i am newbie here, HERE WHEN i am trying to find strongest transpoder of Insat-4A
i.e. 3976/H/3200 by moving dish very slowly say inch by inch & with the help of my android app like satellite director,compass. tryinng to focused to 83'E but actually i have not received any signal, my location is showing good Eirp level on dishpointer website it shows that minimum dish size needed to receive this satellite is 120cm but mine is 180cm. i have checked all the connection its well working with dd dth.
so its my humble request to all member of dreamdth please guide me please give me some suggestion. DEAR ADMINISTRATOR HERE I AM CHANGING THE THREAD SUBJECT AS I HAVE SUCCEED IN CATCHING INSAT 4A AND NOW ITS GOING TOWARDS MULTI LNB SET UP SO PLEASE ACCEPT IT AND MOVE TO CONCERN SECTION.

RE: UNABLE TO CATCH INSAT-4A

Did you adjust the elevation? and did you fix the lnb support rods well at 120deg on Lnb? rotate the lnb in its holder, try to move it in and out, and also use the dish on the flat terrace.

Check the whether the lnb is working or not bu trying other satellites like intelsat20, ST2 C band for buddha tv(it can be received in 90cm dish only) first try it, then if you are sure that lnb is working then go for Insat 4a. Make connections only when STB is switched off.

Post your dish pictures also.

srinivas33 said:
Did you adjust the elevation? and did you fix the lnb support rods well at 120deg on Lnb? rotate the lnb in its holder, try to move it in and out, and also use the dish on the flat terrace.

Check the whether the lnb is working or not bu trying other satellites like intelsat20, ST2 C band for buddha tv(it can be received in 90cm dish only) first try it, then if you are sure that lnb is working then go for Insat 4a. Make connections only when STB is switched off.

Post your dish pictures also.

FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.
MY LNB HAS MARKING LIKE THIS 30-0-30 AND I HAVE SET THIS MARKING IN UPWARD DIRECTION WHEN WE STAND IN FRONT OF DISH, i have fixed 3lnb support rod with scalar ring and dish. but i could not understad that your point as you say fix lnb 120'.
as per procedure first i have find out my azimuth angle with the help of dishpointer then i have tryied to adjust this azimuth with the help of android compass app. and this is 160' magnetic and 161' true. then i just trying to move dish in upward and downword direction very slowly, i hav ealso moving dish in horizontal plane very slow, i have placed this dish on complete horizotal plane i.e. on my house terrace. how i can chech that my lnb is working or not when i am not getting any signal from it, can please post the strongest transpoder parameter for intelsat20, ST2 C band for buddha tv. i will post DISH SETUP pic soon.

riteish said:
FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.
MY LNB HAS MARKING LIKE THIS 30-0-30 AND I HAVE SET THIS MARKING IN UPWARD DIRECTION WHEN WE STAND IN FRONT OF DISH, i have fixed 3lnb support rod with scalar ring and dish. but i could not understad that your point as you say fix lnb 120'.
as per procedure first i have find out my azimuth angle with the help of dishpointer then i have tryied to adjust this azimuth with the help of android compass app. and this is 160' magnetic and 161' true. then i just trying to move dish in upward and downword direction very slowly, i hav ealso moving dish in horizontal plane very slow, i have placed this dish on complete horizotal plane i.e. on my house terrace. how i can chech that my lnb is working or not when i am not getting any signal from it, can please post the strongest transpoder parameter for intelsat20, ST2 C band for buddha tv. i will post DISH SETUP pic soon.

I mean this by 120 deg, as lnb support rods should be perfectly placed otherwise feed horn receiving surface will not be parallel to the dish diameter.
M.aspx

ST2
3657H 3000
3671H 9256

Intelsat20
3810 H 3312
4103 V 7800
4064 H 19850
4185 H 20000

Are you using any diseqc switch? it may be attenuating, connect it directly initially.

Link Removed
I Caught intelsat 20 at 68.5'E on 3 Feet offset Dish Friends
Link Removed

srinivas33 said:
I mean this by 120 deg, as lnb support rods should be perfectly placed otherwise feed horn receiving surface will not be parallel to the dish diameter.
M.aspx

ST2
3657H 3000
3671H 9256

Intelsat20
3810 H 3312
4103 V 7800
4064 H 19850
4185 H 20000

Are you using any diseqc switch? it may be attenuating, connect it directly initially.

Link Removed
I Caught intelsat 20 at 68.5'E on 3 Feet offset Dish Friends
Link Removed

again thanks for your early reply now i get that point. actually i had placed this scalar ring in exacatly in opposite direction as compared your pic now i correct it and try it as per your suggestion and post waht i get in result i hope in future if again i need any help you do it.

Welcome friend and if you don't have any knowledge of setup pl first read some setup posts in the forum and see setup Pictures or you can take help of any cable wala and then you will also know how the setup is done etc.

Your method is right we can hunt any satellite while moving the dish slowely to the satellite position or adjust the dish approx. to the sat position and then move the lnb near the center by catching with hand and when you find signal then make some fine tuning and adjust the lnb to the scalier ok.

Here are some strongest TP of Insat-4A:

1. 3976 H 3200 (Zee up news) The strongest TP on Insat-4A @ 83*East having 80% to 90% signal on 6ft dish
2. 3958 H 9500 (Pragya-Tv)

Do read some various setups and you will get good knowledge to adjust the dish ok.

jenius-jatt said:
Welcome friend and if you don't have any knowledge of setup pl first read some setup posts in the forum and see setup Pictures or you can take help of any cable wala and then you will also know how the setup is done etc.

Your method is right we can hunt any satellite while moving the dish slowely to the satellite position or adjust the dish approx. to the sat position and then move the lnb near the center by catching with hand and when you find signal then make some fine tuning and adjust the lnb to the scalier ok.

Here are some strongest TP of Insat-4A:

1. 3976 H 3200 (Zee up news) The strongest TP on Insat-4A @ 83*East having 80% to 90% signal on 6ft dish
2. 3958 H 9500 (Pragya-Tv)

Do read some various setups and you will get good knowledge to adjust the dish ok.

I have allready read lot of post regarding this type of installation on forum and its not a case like that i dont have knowledge of satellite hunting i have successfully installed lot of ku band dishes within an hour but here i could not judge that whats happening now as per above suggestion from srinivas33 i also thinking that my newly purchased universal 13'K lnb may be faulty. but how to check that is there any simple way to check lnb is working or not. please do the needfull.

Is there any signal strength its showing? or its dumb? Any movement in signal level when you change the transponder in remote?

How did you input the frequency and Symbol rate? The first digit should be 0 then 3976, sometimes we may overlook.

Also keep in mind as dish diameter increases, beam width decreases, you should be accurately targeting a satellite, i mean the resolution of dish moving should be high and also observe someones tatasky(its in INSAT 4A ku band) dish of your neighbours, compare your azimuth with it, it will be a positive sign if its, then increase your dish elevation more than tatasky dish(as tatasky is offset it creates illusion that satellite elevation is low but its somewhat high)

Is there any High voltage power lines(Pylons), Radar station, etc near your house?

There should be no trees in the line of sight.

Post your dish type, whether it is mesh dish or solid, are you using any diseqc switch?

Eliminate one by one, finally you will know the fault. If you want to remove or insert the coax, first switch off the STB, then do it.

Try these and tell what happened.

srinivas33 said:
Is there any signal strength its showing? or its dumb? Any movement in signal level when you change the transponder in remote?

How did you input the frequency and Symbol rate? The first digit should be 0 then 3976, sometimes we may overlook.

Also keep in mind as dish diameter increases, beam width decreases, you should be accurately targeting a satellite, i mean the resolution of dish moving should be high and also observe someones tatasky(its in INSAT 4A ku band

dish of your neighbours, compare your azimuth with it, it will be a positive sign if its, then increase your dish elevation more than tatasky dish(as tatasky is offset it creates illusion that satellite elevation is low but its somewhat high)

Is there any High voltage power lines(Pylons), Radar station, etc near your house?

There should be no trees in the line of sight.

Post your dish type, whether it is mesh dish or solid, are you using any diseqc switch?

Eliminate one by one, finally you will know the fault. If you want to remove or insert the coax, first switch off the STB, then do it.

Try these and tell what happened.

signal strength is always at 45% and quality 5%. i have noticed one thing if i move dish to any way that much strength is always in my stb. set top box is from solid9210 and i have purchased recentally.
there is no any movement in signal strength if i change transponder through remote, the parameter of sr, freq, are already present in my stb. line of sight is clear no any trees or any obstacle. currentaly i am not using any diseqc switch. dish type is solid 6 panel 180cm.

Try another LNB if you have, or try ku band on weak satellite like mena beam of Apstar seven with the C band dish. Never lose hope, you will get it soon.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock