DDF Exclusive Multi TV Price will undergo changes w.e.f 15th June 2019

TS will try to earn as much as and if they see decline in revenue they will follow others, chances are other might also follow the footsteps of TS.
Lets see what impact JIO will have once its available as iptv to all.

Dear
@ajgamer bro

I am not a DTH Package & Pricing Scheme Expert but according to TATA|sky Help Desk here are some Solutions to your Queries:-

1. Is there going to be any permanent / base fees apart from the channels selected?
2. What will be the fees for the secondary TV (permanent, not the channel selected)?

●●The Permanent Base Fee without any Pay Channel Selected is Rs.153/- (including GST). You will able to get FTA Basic +DD Pack + FTA Complimentary Pack in this course.
If You Select Alacarte Pay Channels within initial 100 Channel Slab then You will have to Pay the Pay Channel Alacarte Prices along with Rs.153/-.
If Your Channel Selection Slab acrosses 100 then additional NCF of Rs.23/- will be levied on Pricing. So try to keep your Selection within 100 Channel limits.

3. How can I make sure I am paying less so that it stays at the same price per month?
●●Its Upto You by how much Smartness You will show to Select Your Package in the 2nd Connection.
If not required then avoid Mirror Packages as of Primary Connection.
Don't go with Curated Packs - Always Suggest for Broadcasters Pack which will be much Cost effective for You.
But if You need Same Channel & Packages in your both Connections then really it will be Costly right now.

It's getting costlier for me to have the TataSky now.
●●At this point of time as per Trai order all DTH Package Pricing Cost are more or less Same - a merely difference you will notice on it. So at this time maintaining 2 Connections are really costlier Affair.

4. What are the best options to have apart from TataSky at this point? I have only 2 TV Connections. I am looking for the value for money option.
●●Apart from TATA|sky - in DTH sector You can opt for Airtel or Sun Direct. If Channel Counts are not your priority then You call also opt for Dish TV - D2h.
But please remember that all DTH Operators will abolish Multi TV Discount Policy because TRAI have strictly looked into this matter.

So in One Liner :-
Think Wisely ✌😃 Choose Smartly

Last edited:
Dear
@ajgamer bro

I am not a DTH Package & Pricing Scheme Expert but according to TATA|sky Help Desk here are some Solutions to your Queries:-

●●The Permanent Base Fee without any Pay Channel Selected is Rs.153/- (including GST). You will able to get FTA Basic +DD Pack + FTA Complimentary Pack in this course.
If You Select Alacarte Pay Channels within initial 100 Channel Slab then You will have to Pay the Pay Channel Alacarte Prices along with Rs.153/-.
If Your Channel Selection Slab acrosses 100 then additional NCF of Rs.23/- will be levied on Pricing. So try to keep your Selection within 100 Channel limits.

●●Its Upto You by how much Smartness You will show to Select Your Package in the 2nd Connection.
If not required then avoid Mirror Packages as of Primary Connection.
Don't go with Curated Packs - Always Suggest for Broadcasters Pack which will be much Cost effective for You.
But if You need Same Channel & Packages in your both Connections then really it will be Costly right now.

●●At this point of time as per Trai order all DTH Package Pricing Cost are more or less Same - a merely difference you will notice on it. So at this time maintaining 2 Connections are really costlier Affair.

●●Apart from TATA|sky - in DTH sector You can opt for Airtel or Sun Direct. If Channel Counts are not your priority then You call also opt for Dish TV - D2h.
But please remember that all DTH Operators will abolish Multi TV Discount Policy because TRAI have strictly looked into this matter.

So in One Liner :-
Okay, Thanks for the reply. I want to know this:

Are you saying TRAI will look into this "Multi-TV Removal from TataSky"?

Last edited:
Well TRAI has not fixed any minimum price for initial NCF slab incase of secondary connection. DTH operators r free to give it at as much discount but the upper ceiling remains same as applicable for primary.

Now coming why Tata Sky made these changes. Firstly they could have charged less NCF but didn't do so as they did not want possible drop in revenue. Secondly , under new regulations operators have to give option to subscribers for choosing different packs or channels on each box which includes multi connection too. Up until now Tata Sky did not have this facility for connections under same id while airtel had it since many years. If u remember in airtel we were able to select similar pack on secondary connection as activated on primary or chose a lower one or more so they gave us option to take SD or HD variants of all packs irrespective of pack activated on primary connection.

So all in all other operators can continue with current policy , there is no rule prohibiting them. Tata Sky is free to follow same but their worry is negative impact of ARPU this can have, previously they were giving discount bcoz of sureity that subscriber had no other way but to pay for same pack on both connections and now they r singing "Chhann Se Jo Toote Koi Sapna, Dhan soona soona laag" :)

Yes, that is what I am saying. Operators can charge less NCF as they like so and dish tv, airtel dth, etc also do the same on multi tv connections. This is ridiculous from Tata Sky part. TRAI is a gone case and god knows how much more misery they will put on the end users. The government must take note that it's independent regulatory body isn't working in the interests of customers, operators, broadcasters and anyone.

Yes, that is what I am saying. Operators can charge less NCF as they like so and dish tv, airtel dth, etc also do the same on multi tv connections. This is ridiculous from Tata Sky part. TRAI is a gone case and god knows how much more misery they will put on the end users. The government must take note that it's independent regulatory body isn't working in the interests of customers, operators, broadcasters and anyone.

Infact these regulations r benefiting us in many ways or should i say created a level playing field for all stakeholders. I have discussed this point by point in various threads or posts. Few hiccups or problems arise whenever new systems r adopted and if there r shortcomings they r gradually resolved. Don't know why u r others keep putting blame on TRAI. Most silly argument i have seen is people complaining about increase in tv bill when infact choosing operator bouquet is giving more channels at less or same cost.

It's 15th. I haven't noticed any changes in my secondary TV pricing as yet.
It has same channel as primary but costing me still as per discounted fixed price as per slab.
Anyone else has noticed any change?

I suspect that too.
But all other things r updated @12 midnight otherwise.
If by tomorrow then correct wud b to state that price change effective from 16th..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock