Multi TV - Some channels not working - H & V Issue

navya11

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone shed light on this issue?

Got HD DVR and Multi TV installed last night.

Multi activated today but most of the channels are not working. For example, Channel No 99 and 802 working but 121 and 800 not working.

Rang the technician who installed the connection. He said it is the limitation of the Airtel HD DVR as there is problem with Horizontal & Vertical positions of the LNB, when multi TV is working.

He said the only resolution is to put up a new Dish and put a new cable. As mine is a new property, I dont want to drill another whole from the terrace to the ground floor.

Is this limitation of just Airtel or all DTH companies?

Spoke with customer care and nodal officer team, who just says technician will visit again and put up an extra dish.

From Airtel website:

What you get:

• One set-top-box per television
One common dish for multiple TV connections
Different programmes on different televisions at any given time
• Free installation for all connections
• Attractive monthly rental options - SD at Rs. 229/month, HD at Rs. 251/month

So if the technician says the problem is with DVR then he doesn't know what he's doing but the problem faced is due to H V issue. The HD DVR has 2 tuners so it needs 2 wires and the SD STB need 1 wire. So total 3 wires should be coming from LNB. He can do this with a dual lnb and a multiswitch or he can do it with quad lnb. So looks like he either gave a wrong LNB or he wired it wrong. If he's using single wire from LNB even recording while viewing another channel will not work on the DVR if h v conflict occurs.

navya11 said:
Hi,

Can anyone shed light on this issue?

Got HD DVR and Multi TV installed last night.

Multi activated today but most of the channels are not working. For example, Channel No 99 and 802 working but 121 and 800 not working.

Rang the technician who installed the connection. He said it is the limitation of the Airtel HD DVR as there is problem with Horizontal & Vertical positions of the LNB, when multi TV is working.

He said the only resolution is to put up a new Dish and put a new cable. As mine is a new property, I dont want to drill another whole from the terrace to the ground floor.

Is this limitation of just Airtel or all DTH companies?

Spoke with customer care and nodal officer team, who just says technician will visit again and put up an extra dish.

Bro its technician mistake....
For me also when dislocating dish technician not fixed it properly and I got only 60 % signal strength and 50 % signal quality even after changing lnb. When I enquired he told that for multi connection and length (2 floors) you will get this much quality only....
Few months after my signal quality and strength drastically went down to 30.
So I raised technician visit, he came and asked who aligned this dish improperly. Then he aligned it properly and he got 75% signal strength and quality. he then insisted that due to connector in between he can't able to get 80 above....
Its 8 months after his visit till now there is not a single signal drop except in rains....

iphifi said:
From Airtel website:

So if the technician says the problem is with DVR then he doesn't know what he's doing but the problem faced is due to H V issue. The HD DVR has 2 tuners so it needs 2 wires and the SD STB need 1 wire. So total 3 wires should be coming from LNB. He can do this with a dual lnb and a multiswitch or he can do it with quad lnb. So looks like he either gave a wrong LNB or he wired it wrong. If he's using single wire from LNB even recording while viewing another channel will not work on the DVR if h v conflict occurs.

You are spot on. It was the fault of the technicians and they din't have a clue, so did the nodal officer's team.

I had to get ADTV's CEO's team involved to resolve this. Due to this, the technician fitted a quad LNB and this helped resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock