• Thread starter RLOA
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 6,091

RLOA

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a beginner in the satellite world so pardon me if this is already answered somewhere.

The Lyngsat packages show that Dish TV and Sun Direct use multiple satellites for transmission:

Dish TV - NSS 6 at 95.0°E and G-Sat 15 at 93.5°E
Sun Direct - G-Sat 15 at 93.5°E and Measat 3 at 91.5°E

How is it possible to receive the channels from two different satellites if the dish antenna is pointing to a single direction (and therefore a single satellite)? Or is this a mistake by Lyngsat?

Regards

Last edited:
Dish TV is currently using 2 satellites. As the satellites are very close to each other and signals are also very strong easily a customer can get the signals of both satellite via single LNB.

Dish TV is currently using 2 satellites. As the satellites are very close to each other and signals are also very strong easily a customer can get the signals of both satellite via single LNB.

Which satellite is the dish antenna aligned to at the time of installation then? In between the two satellites?

Last edited:
dishtv also uses asiasat5 so total 3 satellite

Neither Lyngsat nor Flysat mentions this. Is there a better website for tracking the satellite changes? Quite possibly the "Dish TV package has left" the AsiaSat 5 if Flysat is to be believed.

Interesting! So 3 satellites in total? What are the azimuth, elevation and LNB skew values of your dish setup?
Really don't know
I just enter TP Detail and push my dish here and there ,when signal showing than I locked Dish

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock