• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 2,209

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
The Mumbai International Airport (MIAL) has threatened to prevent Kingfisher Airlines from operating from May 14, 2011 if the cash-strapped carrier doesn’t clear dues towards airport charges or at least opt for a cash-n-carry mode, according to a report in the Deccan Herald.

“We have written to Kingfisher Airlines about the Rs 105.70 crore dues towards airport charges. Their response is satisfactory. Therefore, we have decided to put them on a cash-n-carry mode from May 14, 2011 and if they don't agree, then they will be banned from operating from our airport,” a senior MIAL official said.

Kingfisher is sitting on a debt pile of Rs 6,900 crore even after the recent debt recast plan by its lenders. Even after six years in operation, the Vijay Mallya-led Kingfisher is yet to turn profitable and its cheque to MIAL towards airport charges running up to Rs 105.71 crore bounced recently.

Today is already May 14th, any update ? I am curious because I am a member of King Club - preferred customer and Frequent flyer of King Fisher Airlines.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock