Music Director Yuvan Shankar Raja embraces Islam

TechFreak

Reaction score
Ace music director and son of legendary music composer Ilayaraja, Yuvan Shankar Raja, has embraced Islam.

Ilayaraja is a devout Hindu, who has not only released several devotional albums like Thiruvasagam and Ramana maharishi. However, his son has moved towards Islam. In a way, he has followed the footsteps of A R Rahman, who converted to Islam.

Yuva, in his blog, while denying rumours that he is marrying for the third time, has said that he is now following Islam.

He tweeted, "Yes, I follow Islam and I'm proud about it. Alhamdhulillah. My family supports my decision and there is no misunderstanding between me and my dad," he said.

A sources close to Yuvan said his family had accepted the decision. The turning point came soon after the death of his mother to whom he was greatly attached. In fact, the sources said Yuvan had been practising Islam for nearly a year now, including namaz five times.

Yuvan is also said to be offering prayers even while at work, including in his studio. Yuvan is taking steps to formally convert to Islam.

Yuvan will also go in for a change of name, sources added.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock