My 2233 box updated with id no.22

Ankit Jain

Contributor
Reaction score
I had relocation issues for which I had to complain in Trai. So yesterday I got a call from their backend team and asked for my issues. When I explained they said they will send a person along with their Chennai head. Within few mins I got a call from engineers asking for visit. When they came they saw that there is some strange fault which is yet unknown to them and they did various things like changing the hdmi cable with high quality one, the stb adapter but still there is issue in it. They even changed the software version but no use.
Now the software Id I have for my 2233 box is 22.
It was 15 previously. No notable difference found in software.

No bro the fault is yet to be solved. The engineers and other senior officials are breaking their head.

My problem is quite strange. I can watch channels only if I switch on my tv first and then the stb. If I switch the stb first and then the tv then the screen goes blank. The fault is yet unknown.

The issue is mainly due to Graphic chip. It is common with a computer connected to TV via HDMI cable. A handshake happens between TV and STB to identify the screen resolution and to adjust it automatically. This happens to me when I need to use my HTPC as well. I need to ensure that TV is on before switching on my HTPC. It does not need to be in the same input, however TV needs to be on.

Try one thing: Set the resolution of STB to 1080i or 720P and save it. Don't leave it at Auto resolution. That may solve the problem but I am only 50% confident on that solution.

Yes bro it's too strange. Even the technicians are puzzled at this. They are trying various things to solve the prob. Let's see what they can do.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock