My assessment: Future of KU band in India

shawl_who

Contributor
Reaction score
:hello fellow trackers,

We all know, currently the no.1 satellite in KU band for India is ABS1, 75E.
Well, considering North beam covers north India. :)

But, over the past few days, Yahsat @ 52E is building up its bouquet of channels, and reaching up to one of d top satellites.

With the demise of ABS1 north beam, after the launch of ABS 2 in early 2014, we'll loose out on gud channels, and wud only get few useless channels on south beam of ABS2.

Rise of Turksat: Ok, so why will all future Turksat satellites have better footprints in India ?
The reason is, growing popularity of turkish programs in Pakistan. We all know, Indian programs are watched in Pakistan, but now Turkish serials are also gaining popularity. :tup

This is the reason, they have better footprints in India, and a dedicated strong beam over Pak.
Turksat4A > March 2014 launch (42e)
Turksat 4B> Dec 2014 launch (50e)
Turksat 5A > Dec 2015 launch (42e)
Turkmensat > Dec 2015 launch (53e)

The above analysis clearly shows, in near future, 52 East will be the hottest position for KU trackers in India. :k
Using a monoblock or 2 side by side lnbs for Yahsat and Turksat. :c

No bro we can't expect all what you have written ,Because the language is the biggest draw back & main thing is signal in your area like ABS1 was not having signal all over India just like that yasat1 also don't have signal mostly parts of India,So some can Enjoy with bigger dishes which are very much costly today ?

Many friends will agree the language is a big barrier ,yasat1 has 95% Farsi,Arebic, Persian lang etc. Yes no match with quality of Russian + yasat1 satellite .I will give 100 out of 100 for stability of signal on these sats, Asiasat5 + 3S are also no.1 in signal stability.

We can also consider Thaicom-5 at 78.5* E is no.1 for fta channels,But the contents are not so good and 98% is in THAI lang.
At last about Turksat-series these are also in 99% in Turkey lang. mostly countries use their local lang for there users and yes few International channels are in English .

ABS1 & Yamal was only popular because you all know for xx contents other wise no body going to watch in other lang.

I think Mr shawl have made very good assessment good work bro well done ??????

jenius-jatt said:
No bro we can't expect all what you have written ,Because the language is the biggest draw back & main thing is signal in your area like ABS1 was not having signal all over India just like that yasat1 also don't have signal mostly parts of India,So some can Enjoy with bigger dishes which are very much costly today ?

Many friends will agree the language is a big barrier ,yasat1 has 95% Farsi,Arebic, Persian lang etc. Yes no match with quality of Russian + yasat1 satellite .I will give 100 out of 100 for stability of signal on these sats, Asiasat5 + 3S are also no.1 in signal stability.

We can also consider Thaicom-5 at 78.5* E is no.1 for fta channels,But the contents are not so good and 98% is in THAI lang.
At last about Turksat-series these are also in 99% in Turkey lang. mostly countries use their local lang for there users and yes few International channels are in English .

ABS1 & Yamal was only popular because you all know for xx contents other wise no body going to watch in other lang.

Well, agreed partially bro.
ABS1 was popular bcoz it showed some adult content.
We cant expect any such thing on either of Yahsat or Turksat.

Yamal shudnt be considered for Ku trackers, bcoz it required bigger dishes, even for ppl in Kashmir.

Thaicom is gud, but has less channels, majority of which are encrypted, and has limited coverage in South India.

Yahsat, for me is scoring, bcoz of new english music channels, AAA music, Mifa music, TVP, etc. ( though all are semi-english)
And, bcoz its receivable in atleast Delhi region on small dishes.
Also, the no. of FTAs is more on Yahsat and turksat than Thaicom or any other sats.

And, we cant also go by the fact, that sat. shud cover whole India, as this criterion can only be met by DDD+ .:lol

I had gr8 expectations from Eutelsat 70B, but so far, its hanging up there in d sky and doing nothing. :s
I believe, ABS 2 south beam will see some more channels, as its covering quite a no. of regions, also one DTH for Philippines will be using south beam.
But, it wont be the same, receiving Russian beam.

good expectations , but other than insat asiasat most of popular SATs have limited covered like apstar7 i'm getting with a small dish abs1 north beam has no signal , someone from India getting thaicom Ku with small dish

In my opinion, present HOTSPOT of the date for North Indians are Eutelsat 9A & Eutelsat 36B. ;)

9A beam is not too prominent in North too. Min. of 5 to 6ft dish is required for our area, so cannot be counted in Ku-band reception, I mean, receiving on small dishes. :k

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock