My Dish Setup - Twin LNB and Monoblock LNB

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
In the below thread, I explained the way of connecting monoblock LNB and another LNB to a DiSEqC to connect to same set top box.

[Tips] - How to connect monoblock LNB to a DiSEqC switch?

But I cannot permanently connect my D2H LNB to my new " JYNXBOX ULTRA HD V7" since I cannot watch all channels from D2H in this set top box. I need to connect D2H Dish to both my Videocon D2H set top box and also to JYNXBOX ULTRA HD V7 set top box.

I bought a new twin out LNB from Sharp brand. I replaced the originally given Videocon D2H single out LNB with this twin out LNB.

I connected one of the output from the twin out LNB to my Videocon D2H set top box as it is. Now the other output is connected to JYNXBOX ULTRA HD V7 set top box using my previous setup I explained in the my first thread (see first line of this thread. I have now placed the setup near the Dish itself). I connected the second output to the LNB3 of the DiSEqC switch.

The setup can be seen in the below video.

Now coming to the set top box. I am now getting ST2 satellite signal in both of my set top boxes. That too, I can watch one channel in my Videocon D2H set top box and in parallel I can scan or watch another channel from some other TP of ST2 satellite in my JYNXBOX ULTRA HD V7 set top box :tup

And because of the existing setup I can now watch channels from Insat 4B 93.5* E, NSS6 95* E, AsiaSat 100.5* E and ST2 88* E in my JYNXBOX ULTRA HD V7 set top box :tup

The below video is to show the set top box operation. You can see me watching a channel in Videocon D2H box. Then I am switching to my JYNXBOX ULTRA HD V7 set top box. You can see a different channel playing there which is also from ST2 satellite. The video is also showing channels from other mentioned satellites and its signals.

I am facing a problem in the signal level of only one TP 11570 V which is from DD Free Dish. If I am placing the splitter and DiSEqC in flat and straight wire setup, I am getting 55% signal quality. Otherwise, it is less than that and so not able to view channels. I have to fix this tomorrow.

Thanks,
Sadiq.

You can see a side LNB attached in the Videocon D2H dish. I am trying to track Insat 4B 91.5 using that. As of now I didn't connect cables to it. But when I was trying I didn't get signals from 91.5 but from 93.5 which is DD Free Dish. I have to try that tomorrow again. I was using D2H's original LNB for this. I have another Solid LNB and I am planning to use it for this tomorrow. Wish me best of luck to track 91.5 signals.

I have to thank Vadirocks bro for guiding me. And I got the idea of connecting side LNB to D2H dish from his below post.

My Experiments With Ku-Band Dish With Multi LNB

Actually the problem with using splitters is that it reduces signals by half.

For powerful signals like those in DTH it still works fine...

But for other sats... whose signals are weak like 103e... splitters wud reduce d signal to 0. :s

shawl_who said:
Actually the problem with using splitters is that it reduces signals by half.

For powerful signals like those in DTH it still works fine...

But for other sats... whose signals are weak like 103e... splitters wud reduce d signal to 0. :s

Agreed bro.. Even I am facing a problem in one TP. Not sure if it is also due to splitter and DiSEqC. But it was working with these two till yesterday. Now I placed those setups at roof. So, not sure what exactly the problem is.

Don't know exactly. I am using shorter wires to connect splitter and DiSEqC. Only if the wires between splitter and DiSEqC are in straight line, I am getting good signal.. Really strange...

From this morning I am getting signals from Sun Direct HD TP. You can see the new testing channel in this TP too..

dfe8f817e00e09c0f0643877535050dc.jpg

5a526930ee4abfd3e32f9b91af6eeefc.jpg

Thats gud...

That lnb which u ve hung to d left of twin output lnb on d2h dish... is catching which sat?

best solution is, used diseqc v 1.1. because there is build in diseqc in monoblock with fixed port 1 and 2. or use 2 different lnb for 93.5+95 and 100east. because u can,t connect 2 diseqc 2.0 in sequel. that,s why u are getting poor signal.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock