My Email copy to Dish tv COO Salil kapoor, His reply and My analysis

Reaction score
Salil kapoor
COO Dishtv India
Being a customer of dish tv i am writing this email for the purpose of channel request on dish tv plate form. I want to know when most awaited channel Espn hd and star cricket hd will resume on dish tv. As a loyal customer of dishtv its embarrassment for all the users not having these channels. Please update me when you will take this big step and give us a good news to all dish tv users. This is the biggest downside on your part. I hope you will reply my query soon.

Regards,
Raheel

ANJALI MALHOTRA <[email protected]>
1:12 PM (6 hours ago)

to me, salil
Dear Raheel,

Thanks for your mail to Salil and feedback regarding your need for new/
additional content on the dishtv HD service.

As the country's largest DTH platform, it is our constant endeavor to
bring maximum content as well as utmost value to our esteemed subscribers.
Thus huge investments have been made towards satellite capacity,
infrastructure and equipment to ensure the same. We today offer 40+ HD channels and services, which is best in class! This is so, since we have made investments into a dedicated satellite for HD. As an esteemed dishtruHD viewer, you are already enjoying far better variety of programming than any other platform can offer currently, in the country.

In enabling so, we work closely with all broadcasters in the country to
source the content at effective prices, at which the same can be offered
to our subscribers, as a value proposition. It is seldom that we choose to
"not carry" a channel and if so, its mostly done in subscriber interest.
If the cost of viewing a particular content is prohibitive, it defeats the
very purpose. Hence we prefer to bring such content on the platform, only
when the price can be made affordable for subscription.

Hope you will appreciate our intent and efforts to be the best platform in
content and value both.
Having said that, plans are in place to enhance our channel line-up soon
and enhance your TV viewing experience, even further.

Best Regards
Anjali
>--
>Thanks and Regards
>
>Salil Kapoor

Disclaimer - This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual/s named. It shall not attach any liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message on the originator or DishTV or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of DishTV or its affiliates. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission and attachments cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain viruses.

My Analysis:
This is the most weakest reply i got earlier today from Dish tv. In this email they told me that we could not "afford" now to resume STAR CRICKET HD AND ESPN HD on our plate from. We already has given 40 TruHD channels. My take on this, Dish tv is now giving 18 HD channels rest are up scaled version. So this is wrong to say 40 Hd channels. second They are Asia's largest DTH operators and now currently 14 million active users. Their package price is also very high from other DTH operators. If price matters then they should remove all "fake hd" channels and fulfil the demand of customers that would a biggest step for customers and for company. Hope this information add value to all DTH members and to understand real facts behind this.

They saying 40 channels and services.

Also they can afford to handle 2satellite but not 2 channels.

Also false into that all 14 million are active subsciber

Don't waste your time to emailing them choose airtel HD or videocon HD
That what I suggest you
I bought HD set top box
Mainly to see Cricket in HD
I never even thought about going with DISHTV HD

Raheel khawaja said:
If the cost of viewing a particular content is prohibitive, it defeats the
very purpose. Hence we prefer to bring such content on the platform, only
when the price can be made affordable for subscription.

So that means broadcaster is making cost prohibitive for Dishtv & Dishtv finding it difficult to add the channel as it has to pass on the cost to subscribers. Is this because broadcaster (in this case STAR) has business interest in Dishtv rival TS? :huh

is this dishtv only cant afford to add ESS HD because of cost. Then what about other dths, who were all added already and running succissfully the same. Actually there is some hidden troubles between dishtv & Star sports. So whoever wants ESS HD, dont wasting time in sending emails and all you need to do just turn your dish towards d2h or tatasky or airtel dth or sundth.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock