My experience with new D2H connection

thilalangadi

Reaction score
Hi D2H users,

Iam from Chennai,a first-time user migrated to DTH, with Videocon D2H new SD connection. Booked an SD connection , online price paid Rs.1540 incl 4mnth New South Gold pack+installation. First 10days over with new connection

Summary of my personal experience

1. INSTALLATION/DELIVERY - Within a day, they called and co-ordinted the time of installtion. Installation was smooth

2.DEMO - Demonstration (about remote/STB usage) was not up to mark, I mean for a new user to DTH this will be required, thou its self learning process:shy

3.SUPPORT - Telephonic support toll-free they claim its 24X7, but very difficult to get hold of them to speak for queries, I tried multiple times in a day/different day,many times we are put on hold with frustrating music, if you are lucky you will be answered:D

4.TECHNICAL FAULT - My particular remote is faulty (ie) within week, the 2 buttons (channel up/down, "i") didnot work often, while other buttos worked. Reported this to their support, they replaced it with a new one, still this has the problem:angry

No proper answer from them, anybody in this forum had such issue??

5.PICTURE CLARITY - Good,as I had only seen cable so far, much better than that:). However I would not know how it compared with other DTH players

6. DD Pothigai, regional Tamil channel not provided in main feed, irrelevant other languages of DD feed provided, particular to users of Chennai/TN this may not be relevant.
DD Pothigai maynot be so popular, but still being a FTA from DD, it provides quality programs, people will watch. This I have raised with cust support, requesting few more forum friends from TN to raise this request with them

Just thought I will share my experince with you all, Welcome your feedback !:p

1. i also experienced fastest installation of videocon dth with in 6 hours of booking online.
2. stb/remote use is friendly one though you are new to dth field
3.this is from all dth's customer care
4.still i had no issues with remote and others.
5.All dths having good picture quality
6.DD podhigai will soon come to full screen

2.DEMO - Demonstration (about remote/STB usage) was not up to mark, I mean for a new user to DTH this will be required, thou its self learning process :shy

There is a user manual for the same. :k

3.SUPPORT - Telephonic support toll-free they claim its 24X7, but very difficult to get hold of them to speak for queries, I tried multiple times in a day/different day,many times we are put on hold with frustrating music, if you are lucky you will be answered :D

Same experience, they put my call for 15 minutes in hold. Query was small one.

4.TECHNICAL FAULT - My particular remote is faulty (ie) within week, the 2 buttons (channel up/down, "i") didnot work often, while other buttos worked. Reported this to their support, they replaced it with a new one, still this has the problem :angry

No such issue here, so you are only the one who got the faulty remote.

5.PICTURE CLARITY - Good,as I had only seen cable so far, much better than that:). However I would not know how it compared with other DTH players

Cable is far away from DTH. D2H has the heighest number of SD & HD Channels, this is why i also joined.

Thanks for sharing your personal experience with us.

anandsarathy said:
Hi D2H users,

Iam from Chennai,a first-time user migrated to DTH, with Videocon D2H new SD connection. Booked an SD connection , online price paid Rs.1540 incl 4mnth New South Gold pack+installation. First 10days over with new connection

Summary of my personal experience

1. INSTALLATION/DELIVERY - Within a day, they called and co-ordinted the time of installtion. Installation was smooth

2.DEMO - Demonstration (about remote/STB usage) was not up to mark, I mean for a new user to DTH this will be required, thou its self learning process:shy

3.SUPPORT - Telephonic support toll-free they claim its 24X7, but very difficult to get hold of them to speak for queries, I tried multiple times in a day/different day,many times we are put on hold with frustrating music, if you are lucky you will be answered:D

4.TECHNICAL FAULT - My particular remote is faulty (ie) within week, the 2 buttons (channel up/down, "i") didnot work often, while other buttos worked. Reported this to their support, they replaced it with a new one, still this has the problem:angry

No proper answer from them, anybody in this forum had such issue??

6. DD Pothigai, regional Tamil channel not provided in main feed, irrelevant other languages of DD feed provided, particular to users of Chennai/TN this may not be relevant.
DD Pothigai maynot be so popular, but still being a FTA from DD, it provides quality programs, people will watch. This I have raised with cust support, requesting few more forum friends from TN to raise this request with them

Just thought I will share my experince with you all, Welcome your feedback !:p

just call 09250092500.It is tolled.But will get cc instantly.

That is not the problem piinku1, actually they answer instantly but put in hold for minutes in every small query.

Bapun Raz said:
That is not the problem piinku1, actually they answer instantly but put in hold for minutes in every small query.

But in tollfree number it is really difficult to get cc.

piinku1 said:
Bapun Raz said:

But in tollfree number it is really difficult to get cc.

I hever never tried the toll free one.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock