My experience with TataSky. (A month later)

logicrak91

Solutions
Reaction score
Last month I shifted to DTH from local cable.
After years of struggling and recklessness with our local cable operators i finally Give up on them. Though I heard a rumor that DTH packs are expensive, Yet it didnt stop me.(Thats how much i was tired with the Local cable, GTPL in particular)

I chose TataSky Binge+ liking the idea of OTT apps + live channels in one STB.

Installation Issues:
binge+ box Delivered right next day after i ordered it through Amazon..
Dish installation and all went smooth and technician was friendly and exchanged some conversation..
After the installation, He Setup the Box and made me pay 160 to activate the box. This process took over 10 mins.

But note, All this time, from dish installation to setting up the STB the TV was ON. (TV is a CRT screen)

He took me over to binge services and played all the apps to see if they are working..

But where is the Issue?..

30 mins later, STB shutdown itself and shows nothing. "Technician" plugged all the AV cables and put it back but Problem is a BLANK screen.

Later he told that binge+ STB wont support CRT TV..
Are you f---g kidding me?? STB was connected and working for an hour and now you tell me it wont work?!
He said: Binge+ can only play with HDMI.

He keep repeating this nonsense and told me to upgrade the TV. I was really pissed and regretting that i bought it.
Now that Im not eligible for returns or refund, I didnt know what to do.. Buying a TV wouldnt be a problem but It was working for an hour which raised me doubts.
So i raised a complaint against the technician through amazon customer care. And they notified Tatasky and TS customer care immediately called me. I explained everything and they sent me another senior technician.. He took the box and left and came home 2hours later and set up the box and its working..

The problem is, binge+ boxes have HDMI as default.. All you need is go in settings and disable it and put AV.

Now the question is.. What kinda technician that works for TataSky didnt know about it?

2 weeks later:
I started to notice a Strange issue with youtube app.. It keeps freezing after 30mins of Usage.
I raised a complaint again and they sent me the same guy that came to install the dish.

As expected he came and blamed the CRT screen for it.. I got pissed and plugged the STB to my Computer Monitor and made him open the youtube and it was the same issue. And scolded him left and right and told him to not to talk anything if he dont know sh#t.

3rd week I got my Binge+ replaced and Youtube is working fine!

Concluding my month of ups and down experience with tatasky technicians, Im amazed how fast they respond and also tired of these service boys that dont know sh#t, they had to call their seniors to understand the problem.

But at end i was satisfied with my purchase and no regrets shifting to a DTH after years. Im now paying 50 less than my local Cable with more channels. which clears out the rumor saying "DTH are expensive"

II only wish there are better discounted packages for english movies pack.

(Sorry for the long read)

Last month I shifted to DTH from local cable.
After years of struggling and recklessness with our local cable operators i finally Give up on them. Though I heard a rumor that DTH packs are expensive, Yet it didnt stop me.(Thats how much i was tired with the Local cable, GTPL in particular)

I chose TataSky Binge+ liking the idea of OTT apps + live channels in one STB.

Installation Issues:
binge+ box Delivered right next day after i ordered it through Amazon..
Dish installation and all went smooth and technician was friendly and exchanged some conversation..
After the installation, He Setup the Box and made me pay 160 to activate the box. This process took over 10 mins.

But note, All this time, from dish installation to setting up the STB the TV was ON. (TV is a CRT screen)

He took me over to binge services and played all the apps to see if they are working..

But where is the Issue?..

30 mins later, STB shutdown itself and shows nothing. "Technician" plugged all the AV cables and put it back but Problem is a BLANK screen.

Later he told that binge+ STB wont support CRT TV..
Are you f---g kidding me?? STB was connected and working for an hour and now you tell me it wont work?!
He said: Binge+ can only play with HDMI.

He keep repeating this nonsense and told me to upgrade the TV. I was really pissed and regretting that i bought it.
Now that Im not eligible for returns or refund, I didnt know what to do.. Buying a TV wouldnt be a problem but It was working for an hour which raised me doubts.
So i raised a complaint against the technician through amazon customer care. And they notified Tatasky and TS customer care immediately called me. I explained everything and they sent me another senior technician.. He took the box and left and came home 2hours later and set up the box and its working..

The problem is, binge+ boxes have HDMI as default.. All you need is go in settings and disable it and put AV.

Now the question is.. What kinda technician that works for TataSky didnt know about it?

2 weeks later:
I started to notice a Strange issue with youtube app.. It keeps freezing after 30mins of Usage.
I raised a complaint again and they sent me the same guy that came to install the dish.

As expected he came and blamed the CRT screen for it.. I got pissed and plugged the STB to my Computer Monitor and made him open the youtube and it was the same issue. And scolded him left and right and told him to not to talk anything if he dont know sh#t.

3rd week I got my Binge+ replaced and Youtube is working fine!

Concluding my month of ups and down experience with tatasky technicians, Im amazed how fast they respond and also tired of these service boys that dont know sh#t, they had to call their seniors to understand the problem.

But at end i was satisfied with my purchase and no regrets shifting to a DTH after years. Im now paying 50 less than my local Cable with more channels. which clears out the rumor saying "DTH are expensive"

II only wish there are better discounted packages for english movies pack.

(Sorry for the long read)
Very interesting.. I thought you would not be satisfied... But at the end you are satisfied.... Beautifully explained your issues....

the boys who come to install only care about the 200 rs they get for the upgrade/installation. some took the binge+ box training seriously, and some didn't.
My technician directly told me that USB port will never be able to play videos/movies, And also confirmed this with his senior. He didn't know anything about fat32 or exFAT formats (not his fault). My opinion... tata sky should have ntfs file format also
This is why we have this forum, to get information and solve problems.

the boys who come to install only care about the 200 rs they get for the upgrade/installation. some took the binge+ box training seriously, and some didn't.
My technician directly told me that USB port will never be able to play videos/movies, And also confirmed this with his senior. He didn't know anything about fat32 or exFAT formats (not his fault). My opinion... tata sky should have ntfs file format also
This is why we have this forum, to get information and solve problems.

Oh wow!! Thanks for clarifying. Ill test it out!

Hey anyone facing one weird issue with binge+ wherein sometime it shows a blank screen for few seconds and when the screen comes home page is shown..you have to press home button to dismiss
Should I raise a complaint and replace?

My tatasky audio lacking issue.. the technician said this is a tv speakers issue, you should change your tv. What a funny guy..

Hey anyone facing one weird issue with binge+ wherein sometime it shows a blank screen for few seconds and when the screen comes home page is shown..you have to press home button to dismiss
Should I raise a complaint and replace?
Yep! it just lags so much and also completely goes blank when you press "back button" too often.

Yep! it just lags so much and also completely goes blank when you press "back button" too often.
Was planning to purchase this box and finally I canceled and took DDFree dish now Iam satisfied

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock