My FTA C band and Ku Band setup

redlofredlof

Reaction score
3 c band antennas and 2 ku. Intelsat20 5ft, Apstar7 5ft, Asiasat7 4ft, dd Free Dish 2ft, TataPlay(this is paid) 2ft. 1 dish is not connected.
Using 2 solid dual port 12k lnbf for intelsat and apstar.
0.1 db dilos dual port lnb for dd.
0.1db solid 4 ring lnbf for tata.
Using diseqc switches for these.
Ps: This is just my hobby. These DIY type of c band dish antennae are very easy to assemble and YouTube has been my guide :).
I used a solid analog sat finder for all the setup.
Initially just started with 1 ku band dish and a cheap dilos stb. Later bought Solid2100dlx stb as its tuner is better and channels dont freeze so much. Maybe the dilos stb is going to die soon.
UpjYlyv.jpg

Last edited:
I want to get a 6ft or 8ft for Asiasat7/5 but not sure which one is best. Really wanted to get ReutersHD channel from as5 and dwHD from as7 but could not get any signal even on my 5ft dish of as5. DwHD works fine on 5ft in summer months but signal becomes weak in summer and rain. So I'm not sure if 6ft will work. 8ft is very large and I feel it will draw unwanted attention. My 5ft dishes hide nicely under the wall/boundary. :)

I want to get a 6ft or 8ft for Asiasat7/5 but not sure which one is best. Really wanted to get ReutersHD channel from as5 and dwHD from as7 but could not get any signal even on my 5ft dish of as5. DwHD works fine on 5ft in summer months but signal becomes weak in summer and rain. So I'm not sure if 6ft will work. 8ft is very large and I feel it will draw unwanted attention. My 5ft dishes hide nicely under the wall/boundary. :)
Congrats...What are the channels you are getting thro this setup?

What channels you are getting from Intelsat 20,Apstar 7,Asiasat 5 in India bro

Try for a multi lnb setup from the bigger dish

Congrats...What are the channels you are getting thro this setup?
Asiasat7
All FTA channels from the link above except for channels in the below table. 4ft dish is not able to pickup the signal from these 2 transponders. Signal is very low and catching perfect signal is close to impossible on 4ft dish.
4080 H 29720 works fine on 5ft Dish.
4100 V 29720 does not work during day on 5ft dish. I think 6ft will be good for Asiasat7.

Apsatar 7
All FTA channels from the link below. Using 5ft Dish works perfect for all FTA channels.
4ft Dish, almost all channels freeze because of low signal.

Asiasat5
On 4ft dish only 2 transponder - bbc and rai Italia
Only the below channels work on 5ft Dish. Zero signal on any other FTA transponders.

Intelsat20
All FTA channels on 5ft Dish 12k lnb from the link below.
Best satellite for C band FTA.
Has lots of good FTA channel. Check the table below.
I have added some of the good FTA channels that you can get from this satellite

What channels you are getting from Intelsat 20,Apstar 7,Asiasat 5 in India bro
In Intelsat20, I get all fta channels from all available transponders using 5 ft dish.(all marked in yellow and green in the link below). Except for Lamhas fta package. It freezes a bit. 6ft dish might be best for my location. But all other channels work just fine even during extreme rainfall.

Apstar 7, full coverage of FTA channels. Marked in yellow and green in the link below.

Asiasat7
4080H 29720 Inconsistent signal on 4ft 10k lnb day or night. Works fine on 5ft dish any time of the day or night with 12k/13k lnb.
4100V 29720 barely any signal on 4ft 10k lnb during day. Works fine at night. Very difficult to set. On 5ft good signal in winter and works fine all time. In summer daytime or during light rain, full signal loss on 10k/12k/13k lnb. Works fine at night. This transponder has the best fta hd news channels and b4u package.
All other transponders work fine on 4ft dish.

Asiasat5
Only bbc feed package and Rai italia works on 4ft dish.
On 5ft dish, more channels get scanned by the signal is very bad and channels are unwatchable. Tried even 10k lnb but no difference.

tYAd3NB.jpg

I'm using this diseqc switch. 2 of these.
pOTImAy.jpg

10k lnb
gYa6QuS.jpg

Dual port 12k lnb
Rust is a big problem in my area because it's coastal. So I have put white cement in gaps of the dish and spray painted most of the screws so that they don't catch rust.

Last edited:
OsHqhd6.jpg

Tracked KoreaSat 113°e.
Earlier i tracked it with 2ft dish but signal was low and would disappear during the day. With this prime focus 4ft dish I'm getting about 69% signal quality.
Only 1 good channel here, KBS World HD. It's a nice k-drama channel with hard-coded subtitles.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock