Good News My New MPEG4 HD STB and Dual-Dish Setup with DiSEqC (G-SAT15 and ABS2)

• Thread starter vd2h
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 6,346

vd2h

Reaction score
UPDATED : Please scroll down to see full post.

Hello friends, I have recently developed interest in DTH and FTA setup as I had a 21" LCD laying along with my old dishes and wires. So, I connected them all and tried to make an affordable setup in our guest room in the village.

Thanks to the person who was supposed to setup my dish and a borrowed old mpeg2 stb for me, he didn't show up. So, I started researching and learnt many things. First, I just pointed a dish to DDFD at G-SAT 15 (93.5E) and then I purchased a MPEG-4 box as I found on DreamDTH that DD HD is coming (Though I only watched it for a day, as I got the box on 10th Jan and by 11th evening it was scrambled). There were channels which were not available in DDFD anymore which people used to watch, so I tried to catch ABS-2 (75E) and experiment. I succeeded and was getting Aastha, Aastha Bhajan and NewsX which were important and watchable for us. I don't get a single Eng News on my paid TataSkyHD, so it was something i liked very much. Then I decided to use a DiSeqC switch after some research and got one from Amazon. Which allowed me to watch G-SAT15 and ABS2 channels together.

Here are some pictures of my Dish setup --

AcrkPzT.jpg

A7KOMrh.jpg

CIJe9Zz.jpg

The one with d2h name is catching G-SAT 15 and DishTV one is catching ABS2.

I have a Weston HD MPEG4 Set Top Box which is working smoothly with an HDMI cable to my LCD. I will post some pictures and screenshot of the interface in STB later sometime.

As I am all new to this, so all suggestions and knowledge is welcome. Thank you

--------------- UPDATE (30/01/18) ------------------

Some pic of STB and screenshots as promised before --

u3pSxGC.jpg

bUH1zvU.jpg

ZQm7nvP.jpg

qYKmTbX.jpg

qYhJlgO.jpg

Now, Here are my settings for G-SAT 15 and ABS2, I also have added NSS6(95E) and a TP from it which gives ZeeNews and ZeeNews+ (half n hour delayed like in TataSky) temporarily. It catches from same G-SAT 15 dish.

ZEkRiNo.jpg

UHUJb8n.jpg

dl08Ix0.jpg

olfcP0J.jpg

t7CIE1E.jpg

vGyl9v9.jpg

PcwDsRw.jpg

Also, for @ANBUKKANI I have added the Satellite ABS2 again as TEST and searched all channels. So here is the list of all the channels I get on ABS2.

sz3Z2To.jpg

Hhiih1i.jpg

kqfKoTe.jpg

6ijnMso.jpg

8YA7dHl.jpg

gPKx3Vc.jpg

YksYX3P.jpg

ovXZsts.jpg

bjKbPWN.jpg

T2IcZMi.jpg

0aBxJj8.jpg

lUOO0NY.jpg

EhAMexa.jpg

Let me know if you need any other info or have any suggestion.

Last edited:
Hello friends, I have recently developed interest in DTH and FTA setup as I had a 21" LCD laying along with my old dishes and wires. So, I connected them all and tried to make an affordable setup in our guest room in the village.

Thanks to the person who was supposed to setup my dish and a borrowed old mpeg2 stb for me, he didn't show up. So, I started researching and learnt many things. First, I just pointed a dish to DDFD at G-SAT 15 (93.5E) and then I purchased a MPEG-4 box as I found on DreamDTH that DD HD is coming (Though I only watched it for a day, as I got the box on 10th Jan and by 11th evening it was scrambled). There were channels which were not available in DDFD anymore which people used to watch, so I tried to catch ABS-2 (75E) and experiment. I succeeded and was getting Aastha, Aastha Bhajan and NewsX which were important and watchable for us. I don't get a single Eng News on my paid TataSkyHD, so it was something i liked very much. Then I decided to use a DiSeqC switch after some research and got one from Amazon. Which allowed me to watch G-SAT15 and ABS2 channels together.

GgFfaMJ.jpg

erxHTkF.jpg

3z5HrQQ.jpg

I have a Weston HD MPEG4 Set Top Box which is working smoothly with an HDMI cable to my LCD. I will post some pictures and screenshot of the interface in STB later sometime.

How many channels you get from abs?

GgFfaMJ.jpg

erxHTkF.jpg

3z5HrQQ.jpg

GgFfaMJ.jpg

erxHTkF.jpg

3z5HrQQ.jpg

Thanks can you give your mobile no so that I can reach u directly

How many channels you get from abs?
I get around 54 channels from 5 TPs, but I have deleted many of them due to being of other languages. So basically, the usable channels which are of interest to me are --

NewsX
TRACE Sports Star
Aastha
Aastha Bhajan
Shraddha
Divya
Peace of Mind
Music India
9XO English
9XM (Duplicate with G-SAT 15)
9X Jalwa (Duplicate with G-SAT 15)
India News (Duplicate with G-SAT 15)

Initially I got some TPs which were having many Chinese channels and have deleted those, so I am left with TPs which are having Indian Channels.
I will make a post in some time with Name of all the channels for you.

Thanks can you give your mobile no so that I can reach u directly
No offence, but sorry, you can ask me whatever you want here or in PM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock