Good News My New Tata Sky HD connection.

Chezhiyan

Contributor
Reaction score
As you all know that I am Sun direct HD user, but last week I moved my Connection to Tata Sky HD due to an issue i faced with Sun direct Box.

It was working perfect until the OTA upgrade which started last week..OTA upgrade happened successfully. but, When reboot happens it never went to channel installation page and got struck in the Sun direct Logo...I even kept the box on for more than 3 hours just watching the Sun direct logo lol thinking that will be back but that doesn't happened...Next day, when I called Customer care they said we will send technician for Set top box repair, for that I have to be charged with Rs. 375 or if Technician suggest to replace the box I have to pay Rs.699 for box and Rs 175 for technician visit...which is nearly 900 Rs..

I am actually Not satisfied with the channel addition policy of Sun direct.

Zee Thirai launched two years ago...Zee Tamil HD and Colors Tamil HD launched 3-4 years ago..Vendhar Tv launched on 2014 and we all Know About Polimer and Raj network channels unavailablity on Sun direct...Being fed up with this, I decided to my connection to Tata Sky...

I don't even think about Airtel due to their red logo, confusing and Buggy website, frequent channel removal notice...lol

I got HD box with 6 month Thalaiva HD pack for Rs 1750. (Rs 1250 Thalaiva pack and Rs 500 for STB) without ODU. I decided not to change the antenna because it's a new Sun HD antenna which I replaced less than a year ago..

Got installed within two hours...

My review on Samsung 40 inch TV

Coming to SD channel PQ, I was influenced over a period of time that Tata sky SD picture quality is superb when compared with Sun direct and I started to beleive that even without seen the PQ in real ..So, when I see the PQ in TS is same as Sun direct..I have compared all the common channels available in both Ts and SD and I will strongly say that PQ is same on both DTH.

Coming to HD channel PQ, I will say it's good but when we compare with Sun direct...HD picture quality was Sharper and crystal clear in Sun direct however that was missing in Tata sky... felt disappointed..Because mostly I am watching Tamil regional HD channels and infotainment and quality is not good compared with Sun.

AQ of Tata sky is very good...it's very unique and Sun direct can't even able to come near to Tata sky..Awesome and excellent..

They are charging Rs 45 per month for Tata Sky Tamil cinema ...it's quite high...it need to be reduced.

Universal remote is easy to handle and Sun direct fails in this point..

EPG is so attractive and I even get EPG in Tamil without any spelling mistake which is awesome...Missed in Sun direct..

12 hours time format is good as opposed to Sun direct 24 hours format...

Attractive offers from Tata sky...The first offer I subscribed is Kids pack which is offered last week at Re.1

Multi lingual feed: It's quiet easy in Tata sky where it default to Tamil...we don't need to change often like in Sun direct.

I am facing issue while changing channels...Channels are strucking for 1-2 seconds all the time...and sometime screen is not coming for over 10 seconds...which I never faced in Sun direct.. for example, if I am changing the channels I am not getting pictures for more than 10 seconds most of the time .. Overall i am ok with UI. We can get many extra UI features unlike Sun direct..

I am now getting more useful tamil channels in Tata sky which broaden my Entertainment....In Sun direct, my entertainment was limited all these years...

The channel 100 home page always showing Hindi language...it should be enabled with Multinlingual feed or they should start seperate Home channels for other languages... On one side, they are providing EPG and IVR in Regional language on the other side not having regional home channels...which is creating confusing about their policy .

Tamil channel LCN is four digits in Tata sky whereas I was getting Two digit in Sun direct...But that is manageable since I selected all Tamil channels as Favt..so that now I am getting all Tamil channels from LCN 900.

Tata sky live TV is so nice which is missing in Sun direct..But some subscribed channels like Sun music HD is missing in Tata sky.

Tata sky Mobile app is superb and daily deduction of balance is something new to me which I like...

NCF is Rs 50 in Sun direct but it is Rs 130 in Tata sky...but that's ok for me...

Seeing the program guide and channel list is quite time consuming when compared with Sun direct...In Sun Direct by just pressing select button I can able to see all the channels but that is missing in tata sky.

Tata sky is providing multiple option for subscribing channels like Missed call option which is missing in Sun direct.channels are enabled within a fraction of seconds...but in Sun direct, sometimes it takes more than 30 mins to get the channel enabled...

This Tata sky logo is many time irritating...It should be more transparent..Because the logo is so dark I am often attracted to this Opaque logo...Sun direct is very good in logo front...

Tata sky EPG is very nice where they even showing Episode no, rating of the movie, year the movie released which was not in Sun direct...But one thing which I am missing is in Sun direct I used to get daily synopsis of daily episodes but that is missing in Tata sky...

IVR voice for the unsubscribed channel is irritating...How to get rid of this...? Please advise.

And finally this tata sky opaque logo is obstructing Sun tv hd logo which is irritating..

Overall, now after moving to Tata sky I can no longer wait for channels for a decade...I can get all the much expected channels as soon as it launches..

Waiting for them to add Zee Thirai hd and Vijay Super HD(if launched)
1N9Llr2.jpg

eEHTR8R.jpg

eT48eBL.jpg

W2geV5J.jpg

SPRx5Fw.jpg

1aEhfyZ.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations bro! Great detailed review :clap2:

I am facing issue while changing channels...Channels are strucking for 1-2 seconds all the time...and sometime screen is not coming for over 10 seconds...which I never faced in Sun direct.. for example, if I am changing the channels I am not getting pictures for more than 10 seconds most of the time .. Overall i am ok with UI. We can get many extra UI features unlike Sun direct
Common thing likely, I also noticed that after upgrading to HD

The channel 100 home page always showing Hindi language...it should be enabled with Multinlingual feed are they should start seperate Home channels for other languages... On one side, they are providing EPG and IVR in Regional language on the other side not having regional home channels...which is confusing regarding their policy
Tata Sky's promotions are in both Hindi and English, language of other ads depend on the advertiser.

IVR voice for the unsubscribed channel is irritating...How to get rid of this...? Please advise
Most of the channels have about 10 minutes free preview but that unsubscribed voice cannot be disabled. If you stay on same unsubscribed channel, voice stops after a minute or so.

Tata sky is providing multiple option for subscribing channels like Missed call option which is missing in Sun direct.channels are enabled within a fraction of seconds...but in Sun direct, sometimes it takes more than 30 mins to get the channel enabled
Tata Sky Whatsapp is one of the easiest way to modify packs and account details. You can also refresh STB manually by missed call, app or whatsapp in case added channel is not activated instantly.

Congrats Jaya bro for New TS Connection, You are now like Kabhi Kushi (TATA SKY) Kabhi Gham (Sun Direct)
Thank you Rajkumar bro...What do you mean by that Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham? Could you please translate it for me... :blush2:

Congratulations dude,
Yes Sun direct watermark logo is excellent idea from their team, (don't know why this Premium luxury brands like Tatasky, Airtel, can't change their logo like watermark)

Welcome to sky family bro but you were too late! I did this 3 years back and congratulations bro

Polimer, Zee thirai, other channels you can watch!

I do remember you were asking Puthuyugam hopefully you will enjoy with sky

I disagree with the watermark thing. Yes, we need translucent watermark. But Sun Direct's watermark placement is the worst. We don't need watermarks in the middle of the screen.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock