My setup

Had this lnbf for sometime, It came with a feed for prime focus dish(I have posted it in previous page),

But the beauty of this lnbf is that it can be detached from the feed ,
10.jpg

So decided to make an offset feed for this one, STep one was to cut out the feed from an old Invacom lnbf, , That was lying around and rusting for sometime

So dis-assembled the old ku-lnbf and got the feed cut off from it, At this point , used the prime-focus feed (Aluminium one in picture to get an approximate length to cut), And thanks to my trusted Grillwala,

d8eb05eb.jpg

Now made a replica of he prime focus feed, The length is such that the, cut off portion of the ku feed will fit inside the new pipe, (Planning to use araldite to fix it cleanly) ,

008f8ab5.jpg

It is working and giving me 65% signal quality on DD-Direct tps , inside my room , Means dish kept inside the room and looking ot through the window
On the cons:---
Skew needs to be adjusted carefully, Otherwise it tunes same TP in H & V

Nice ! Can i know Price of this ?

Thanks For Always Diffreant Images From u.

Vikram said:
Nice ! Can i know Price of this ?

Thanks For Always Diffreant Images From u.

that lnbf costs AED 115 in uae, other thngs are feedhorn cut off from a ormal old lnbf, you can see this feedhorn in any lnbf, just open that plastic cover over it, with this feedhorn I can use the same lnbf on big and small dishes

well QB , good work ,,

i already asked abot this in other forum

well , my gusse is that now your modified plange is more near than the earlier focal feed point?

it is good to recive better signals of both adjesent satellites , like nss6 and insat 4b

Vikram said:
It is use in Your Room " Indoor Dish " ?

It is heavy rain, SO no way to go out and test, I spend the whole morning after this feed modification , So wanted to see if it works , today itself, SO set it up inside the room only, near a window, just an old DISH-TV dish

vishvish said:
well QB , good work ,,

well , my gusse is that now your modified plange is more near than the earlier focal feed point?

it is good to recive better signals of both adjesent satellites , like nss6 and insat 4b

well i got a few tps from NSS-6 too, slightly lower but could see "ZEE TAMIL" clearly at about 35-40%, It was just sitting on a table with no base, just the dish supported by a stack of books and an old stb :)

should give good results on the 90cms dish, That is what I'am trying to experiment, Will check that out once this rain stops

quickboy said:
vishvish said:
well QB , good work ,,

well i got a few tps from NSS-6 too, slightly lower but could see "ZEE TAMIL" clearly at about 35-40%, It was just sitting on a table with no base, just the dish supported by a stack of books and an old stb :)

should give good results on the 90cms dish, That is what I'am trying to experiment, Will check that out once this rain stops
well rain to stop for your further experiment

in 90 cm dish the reflcting beam spacing of two adjesent satellites be more than 60 cm dish , hope these two beams fall in to the feed mouth of your modified lnb, you must tell the results of 90 cm dish reciving the two sats at one fixed point,

thanks

vishvish said:
quickboy said:
vishvish said:
well QB , good work ,,

well rain to stop for your further experiment

in 90 cm dish the reflcting beam spacing of two adjesent satellites be more than 60 cm dish , hope these two beams fall in to the feed mouth of your modified lnb, you must tell the results of 90 cm dish reciving the two sats at one fixed point,

thanks

I will post the screenshots, Let this rain stop for a while, Will see if it manages to catch NSS-6, 4B AND MEasat in one 90cms dish

watch the satellite photo of India here
http://www.imd.gov.in/section/satmet/dynamic/insatsector-irc.htm

Looks like we are under a huge cyclone

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock