My Sony Bravia is not working with TataSky

k.haranath

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought Sony Bravia TV model no. KLV-46V550A in the year 2009 and happy with its performance. I used Hathway SD cable connection and connected Apple TV box to sony TV using HDMI cable.

Now I took TataSky HD connection and facing problem in connecting to the TV using HDMI cable. It works fine if I use AV cables. With HDMI cable when we switch on STB box message "Please Wait initialising..." Comes for few seconds and video comes. Immediately after 3 seconds message "For a better quality video please change your resolution under Organiser > User Settings" appears and video goes off. We tried all settings of resolution on TataSky box and all setting on Sony TV, nothing works.

Problem is TataSky people say it's TV problem because it's working with other TV where as Sony people say it's TataSky box problem because Apple TV box is working perfectly with Sony Tv in 1080 resolution.

I tried for any Firmware update over internet but no success.

I am in a FIX. Can anyone help me please..

Thanks,
Haranath

1st thing it's not tv problem,
It happens to mine Bravia to sometimes,
A msg appears says,
Not supported device,
I changed some settings from Tatasky box, which not remember now,
It started working fine,
Will search tomorrow.

k.haranath said:
Hi,

I bought Sony Bravia TV model no. KLV-46V550A in the year 2009 and happy with its performance. I used Hathway SD cable connection and connected Apple TV box to sony TV using HDMI cable.

Now I took TataSky HD connection and facing problem in connecting to the TV using HDMI cable. It works fine if I use AV cables. With HDMI cable when we switch on STB box message "Please Wait initialising..." Comes for few seconds and video comes. Immediately after 3 seconds message "For a better quality video please change your resolution under Organiser > User Settings" appears and video goes off. We tried all settings of resolution on TataSky box and all setting on Sony TV, nothing works.

Problem is TataSky people say it's TV problem because it's working with other TV where as Sony people say it's TataSky box problem because Apple TV box is working perfectly with Sony Tv in 1080 resolution.

Thanks,
Haranath

I think it's some settings problem in Tatasky....
It can be rectified either by tatasky or Sony people....

I too have same problem in my Sony TV when connecting with my new D2h HD box....
When I contacted d2h its some software problem and they told it will rectified in their new updated software....
So I contacted SONY and they rectified within 24 hrs.....

A same kind of issue is with my Panasonic tv and d2h hd box. If I switch my stb first and then the tv, then I receive only the sound and there is no video. If I switch on my tv first and then the stb everything is fine. Tried everything like changing my hdmi, upgrading my hdmi to 2.0 but all in vain. Even the Chennai d2h head in technical department visited for this issue but was unable to find the reason for this issue.

Hi,

Thanks,
Haranath

Hi,
Can you please share the resolution if you have found any. I am experiencing the same problem

1st thing it's not tv problem,
It happens to mine Bravia to sometimes,
A msg appears says,
Not supported device,
I changed some settings from Tatasky box, which not remember now,
It started working fine,
Will search tomorrow.
Hi,
Could you please tell me the settings that you have changed. Thankyou

Hi,

Thanks,
Haranath
First using RCA connector cables Switch-On your Tata Sky HD STB and click on Settings or Organiser Button on your remote then go to User Settings > HD Settings then in that change the resolution to 720p and press blue button on your remote to confirm the choice and then press back button to get back to the Tv.

After that Switch-Off both Tv and TS STB and connect the HDMI cable coming from your Tata Sky HD STB to HDMI 1 port which should be at the back of your Tv. Once you connected the TS STB to the Tv Switch-On both, and check if the signal is now working or not. If it's still not fixed then trying changing it to any other HDMI port that is situated at the back of your Tv and not on the side panel. I'm not 100% sure but it might help.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock