My story with freedish

• Thread starter Thread starter prak2020
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 7
  • Views Views: Views 1,391

prak2020

Reaction score
I love watching TV , unfortunately during my college days , i have to study from village , there we have used C band dish antenna to receive free channels. So i got used to entering the parameters like that.Still this satellite technology amuses me.

After three years of using Tata Sky , i decided to add DD Freedish to my home. I am unable to find any local dealer near by my area .Those who saw my request on internet called and said they need 1000 rs just for antenna and positioning .

i thought of an idea .Since DD freedish and Dish tv alingment are same . I ordered DISHTV online and a seperate SOLID HD box online . Dish tv came with two months of free viewing including HD channels .
i discontinued TATA SKY and have been using DISHTV for last four months.

Now i have got an offer from tata sky , one long term plan at half of the original price for a year.Going to use TATA SKY for coming year.

My understandings

1.Tata Sky is very costly for the channels they are showing .Especially HD with the access fee.
2.Tata Sky is selling mostly because of support from Star Sports Channels
but no, ten sports
3.Dish tv customer service is recently improved , but they dont provide offers
4.Tata sky customer service is always good.
5.If we take out free dish channels from DISH TV , they have only very few SD Channels in basic pack
6.Dish Tv is most affected by rains , even for a small drizzle it goes off.
7.Dish TV hardware is like a FM BOX ,but clarity is good
8.If you go with DISH TV you have to add star sports package, if you go with TATA SKY you have to add ten sports package

Those who are living in their own house/appartment , should have a DD Freedish in addition to any paid DTH

Thread just to pass some time

if v r buying dish dth and later if we add fta receiver setup box can v receive fta channels and also whether we should change the dish allignment for veiwing fta channels?

dinee said:
if v r buying dish dth and later if we add fta receiver setup box can v receive fta channels and also whether we should change the dish allignment for veiwing fta channels?

I have just changed the box.I am getting all the FTA Channels.No need to change antenna .Also now the DISH tv antenna comes with DUAL LNB so no problem . Just change the box

If your current dish is pointing to Dish TV then no need to change the Dish.. If you are using some other DTH, then you need to align the dish.

Like DD Free Dish, we can now set up ABS as well to enjoy more FTA channels.

dinee said:

no need to change alignment...

vishal garg

Why not use two pin put Ku-Band LNB with Dish TV dish antenna? By doing this, u will be able to use two boxes simultaneously. One ubcan use for FTA viewing and 2nd u can use for Dish TV.

Sadiq said:
If your current dish is pointing to Dish TV then no need to change the Dish.. If you are using some other DTH, then you need to align the dish.

Like DD Free Dish, we can now set up ABS as well to enjoy more FTA channels.

For ABS2 do we need change alignment ?

Back
Top Bottom