My two pennies on Airtel HD-DVR

My Airtel DVR got damaged in the 4th month of installation. I contacted the CC, told them my DVR has been damaged, he told me I will have to pay around Rs. 4000 for the new one, then I told him that it is only 4 months old and he said they will replace it free of cost and did it in two days. Verified it with the technician, he said if within warranty period, ie. 1 year, there will be no cost and after that will have to pay 4000 for the new box.
What I am saying is that my previous Videocon d2h had life long warranty, they replaced the box in the 4th year without any cost, even nil service charge.. Airtel does not have lifetime warranty..

d2h recordings were more systematically arranged in folders, where in all episodes of a series would be stored in same folder, where as in Airtel, all recordings are as files in a single folder, so if you want to see a recording made some time ago, you have to keep pressing the remote till the end..

d2h DVR had an auto format problem that would erase everything in the hard disk, even the scheduled recording list without any notice, , so if you plan to view a recording after some time, you may not find it, that was driving me nuts and so I changed from d2h to Airtel..

rahul442 said:
Ur getting great signal quality signals.. Did the technician used some digital meter to get signals? In my case technician didn't use any meter and he just got yellow quality signals manually..

Airtel Digital TV

Yes he used the meter (initially he was not willing, but I forced him to do so). Using the meter he adjusted the strength to 93% and quality to 83%. I asked him why it shows only 77% in TV. He said those figures do not match. But if it shows green, then I can rest assured that it is good.

csaju said:
My Airtel DVR got damaged in the 4th month of installation. I contacted the CC, told them my DVR has been damaged, he told me I will have to pay around Rs. 4000 for the new one, then I told him that it is only 4 months old and he said they will replace it free of cost and did it in two days. Verified it with the technician, he said if within warranty period, ie. 1 year, there will be no cost and after that will have to pay 4000 for the new box.
What I am saying is that my previous Videocon d2h had life long warranty, they replaced the box in the 4th year without any cost, even nil service charge.. Airtel does not have lifetime warranty..

d2h recordings were more systematically arranged in folders, where in all episodes of a series would be stored in same folder, where as in Airtel, all recordings are as files in a single folder, so if you want to see a recording made some time ago, you have to keep pressing the remote till the end..

d2h DVR had an auto format problem that would erase everything in the hard disk, even the scheduled recording list without any notice, , so if you plan to view a recording after some time, you may not find it, that was driving me nuts and so I changed from d2h to Airtel..

Good details. Only time will tell if the DVR I got will stand the tests of time.

985f99deeb881ae438c9660b145efecd.jpg

See my details..
I m getting yellow in signal quality.. Technician told above 60 is enough.. I think i should call cc and ask to send technician with digital meter on

Also i dont get why r u getting 0-16 reading in signal quality, in my screen it shows 0-100

Wat about yellow bars in Signal quality? Should they be green like Raj getting?

bro, its yellow due to low signal quality you are getting as the signal quality would get better and it increases it would change to green.

latest release number of download id is 504 for airtel hdvr

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock