My word with content head of Sun Direct

Bishnu15

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for posting this thread late due to official work pressure.

Last week I had a talk with Sun Direct Content Head Mr. Rama Nathan regarding Channel additions etc. We had a conference call between Mr K.K. Dushyanth, Kerala Sales Head and Mr Rama Nathan Sun Direct Content Head. Mr Rama Nathan was about to board a flight before that he attended the conference call. Sorry due to mobile issues I could not record the call but yes Mr Dushyanth confirmed later about the conference via whats app. That screen shot I am sharing.

Now what did we talk ? I asked about rumours being spread that News Live LCN 584 will be removed. Mr Rama Nathan Sun Direct content head, said yes News Live removal is due to low viewership of the channel. It was replaced by News X having good viewership. Then I asked about new channels, tps etc. He said govt clearance is not yet in the final stage. Once its done, probably next year, new tps wont be an issue. Currently they will reshuffle existing channels with new ones. He added though their prime focus will be south, they will also concentrate on ROI. With a view on ROI they added Fyi TV18, , Movies Now 2, HBO Hits HD, News X. Then he said Cine 21 will be renamed as Naaptol Telugu (that time when we were talking Cine 21 was not yet renamed). He said that Sun Direct presently will carry the Tamil & Telugu Version of Naaptol Channel. In near future, if space permits even they might carry the Kannada & Malayalam Version too. I asked about UTV Action removal. He said UTV Action used to show dubbed English movies in Hindi and so had very low trp. He said that Sun Direct will focus in ROI except for the time being Assam & Odisha might be neglected. All the Assamese channels except DD-North East might be discontinued in near future. Even in Odisha OTV Odia is also under scanner. They might not think of keeping this channel. (This is not a confirmation kindly note.) He added OTV Odia has been made exclusively available for Odisha State in ROI Packs for the time being. I finally asked him to add 24 Ghanta, he replied "sun direct is doing pretty well with ABP Ananda & Aakash Aath, two most popular Bengali News Channel." But yes, they are looking for a Bengali Movie Channel later on. Currently they are working to remove some low trp channels and add new channels in its place he concluded.

So as on date new tp news is still a day dream. :angry

Thanks for your effort @Bishnu bro

Yea we knew that they dont have anything to add unless if they remove channels, I think this diwali sale will teach them how important to listen the customers demand. I want more promotion from Tatasky in Tamilnadu to beat sun direct  :nj I see it is not too far away ;)

My intention is not to defame sd and promote Tatasky  :)

but still there is no channel addition for south customers...

KrishnaKP said:
I expect atleast one malayalam HD channel in the Diwali season, but  :'(

Which channel bro ? :huh  Asianet HD or Mazhavil Manorama HD ? :shy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock