Nat Geo Music to have Indian feed late 2014

MUMBAI: At the FOX Life launch event held on Wednesday 16 July, FOX International Channels – India, Vice President Debarpita Banerjee said that Nat Geo Music would soon have its own Indian feed.

Banerjee said, “Right now, the Asian feed of Nat Geo Music is broadcast in India. However, towards the end of the year, we aim to start an Indian feed. We are trying to get the uplink licenses for the same.” Not only will the channel air music from around the world, the upcoming Indian Nat Geo Music channel will also showcase the rising Indian independent music scene.

Launched in 2007, Nat Geo Music is a music TV channel, owned by FOX International Channels Italy. It used to broadcast documentaries concerning 'the meeting between music and culture' around the world. Nat Geo Music follows seasoned artistes whose anthems have bridged borders, and emerging talents now revolutionising the music scene to give viewers an authentic sound that is rich in diversity.

Since the Indian television industry has been going through a transformation viz. BARC initiation in India and digitisation, the executives at Nat Geo Music have been waiting for the right time to give Indian viewers the opportunity to discover and appreciate the content of Nat Geo Music. By late 2014, audience can expect Nat Geo Music to get the popularity it deserves.

This will be awesome.. :tup
If it wud have Indian feed as well, MSOs/DTH ops will be more willing to add, also viewership, & hence demand cud be more for it :win

I think the day STAR / FIC will revamp this channel dishtv have to forcefully remove this channel from the base pack or may be from the platform :(

Anirudha said:
I think the day STAR / FIC will revamp this channel dishtv have to forcefully remove this channel from the base pack or may be from the platform :(

Don't worry bro, nothing will happen.:no:k:tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock