Discussion Nat Geo wild logo changed

Hello @dino29
8 years back UTV Action Telugu Channel Shutdown their is any chance to ReLaunch of this Channel in Telugu and Tamil ? Possible ? Can star do this ?
I don't think they will ever do that again. They have two Movie channels in Telugu. They can telecast all the dubbed movies in MAA GOLD if they are interested in doing it. Mostly I have noticed many Hollywood movies are just one off in MAA TV and then never telecasted again.

On-topic please. Disney/Star discussions can be done elsewhere.
Just a query. What else could we possibly discuss about here? Logo changed. We are happy. We are sad. Let's move on. Logo change is obviously related to Disney's rebranding of it subsidiaries. Hence, discussing it here.

Nat Geo brand is older than Disney. In India Star might get History and FYI but Disney will never associate A&E brands to Nat Geo which they don't control globally. In EU they had to sell their stake to Hearst which A&E brands in EU. Even in US they are not distributing A&E content under Disney Media Distribution which is distributing everything Disney holds after the merger.

No sane company would drop STAR brand. It has presence all over Asia. Star India has started to uplinking the channels to African nations also. If Disney were ever drop the name STAR, what brand they will rebrand with ABC? or FX? We all know what's FX position when it was in India. STAR if was a temporary brand, FOX would have sold brand itself to CMC while exiting from China wouldn't have licensed it instead. How ever big the global brand is they have an established brand like STAR to maintain its position. Average person thinks Disney as a Cartoon Company, probably 75+% people might not even know that Star is owned by Disney.

Buddy, u r mixing up too many things. Firstly i never said that Nat Geo brand is not popular or whether Disney has more public recall. Both operate in diff genres and have wide connect. My simple point was that Disney will build some strategy to make both brands/people aware that these fall under Disney ambit, it helps broadcaster get better ad spots and repute. Well removing Nat Geo words from channel logo is itself a very big step, there r millions who cannot just look at logo and recognize company. Regarding A&E ownership in other countries being reason to keep History or FYI TV away from Nat Geo.. It does not hold merit. U know recently Sony sold its Asia chs so r u saying it will now remove AXN India from its flagship branding and present it as separate entity... Well it won't happen similarly in India Disney will integrate and bring channels under 1 ambit though with multiple groupings. Lastly A&E chs r not distributed under Disney Media in US bcoz there is a 2nd partner in company which has its own presence there hence JV distributes channel, here in India that is not true

Ur 2nd answer is absolutely spot on and here u take a stand keeping in sight the Indian context. Star is a powerful media company and Disney will build upon the legacy while continuing to expand its core or other divisions. UTV might see a revamp soon. As i have said media companies come up with roadmap on the basis of market they operate in, several things come into play which r in stark contrast when compared across regions

I don't think they will ever do that again. They have two Movie channels in Telugu. They can telecast all the dubbed movies in MAA GOLD if they are interested in doing it. Mostly I have noticed many Hollywood movies are just one off in MAA TV and then never telecasted again.

Well buddy this ain't happening again, by the way hollywood movies r being shown on many regional chs on daily or weekly basis... I check program schedule of chs on airtel app and noticed this myself. Just tune in there and enjoy, alternatively just watch it on net

i wont be surprised if it is axed to launch a regional feed for star sports

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock