• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!
    Log in or Register

National Geographic Channel Add More Language Feeds

Rushil

Contributor
Joined
7 Oct 2013
Messages
14,349
Reaction score
12,543
What are the focus areas to grow the business this year?

We are focusing on creating more language feeds for the channels, now that digitisation has taken firm root. We are also looking at being the top channel on the various DTH/MSO platforms in our respective genres. The other focus area is to create a deeper engagement with our advertising partners to grow our revenues.

Could you specify which language feeds you are looking at?

We are looking at Kannada, Punjabi, Marathi and Oriya. But we will only go ahead with two of them after evaluation.

Like Discovery, are you also looking at launching separate regional channels? Is the market big enough for such an exercise?

At this point, we have no plan to start separate regional channels.

Out of the languages that you operate, which are the ones that have delivered well and which have lagged?

Hindi, Bengali and Telugu have delivered strongly. However, Tamil has not done as well, but that is more due to distribution issues.

Read More
 

shawl_who

Contributor
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
19,092
Reaction score
17,972
"We are also looking at being the top channel on the various DTH/MSO platforms in our respective genres. "

This cud mean we may soon see NGC Music on various other DTH platforms. To be no. 1 in english music, they'll have to distribute the channel aggressively. :eek:hya
 

supermachi

Banned
Joined
2 Jan 2014
Messages
3,002
Reaction score
798
shawl_who said:
"We are also looking at being the top channel on the various DTH/MSO platforms in our respective genres. "

This cud mean we may soon see NGC Music on various other DTH platforms. To be no. 1 in english music, they'll have to distribute the channel aggressively. :eek:hya
where?
 

supermachi

Banned
Joined
2 Jan 2014
Messages
3,002
Reaction score
798
Rushil.D said:
What are the focus areas to grow the business this year?

We are focusing on creating more language feeds for the channels, now that digitisation has taken firm root. We are also looking at being the top channel on the various DTH/MSO platforms in our respective genres. The other focus area is to create a deeper engagement with our advertising partners to grow our revenues.

Could you specify which language feeds you are looking at?

We are looking at Kannada, Punjabi, Marathi and Oriya. But we will only go ahead with two of them after evaluation.

Like Discovery, are you also looking at launching separate regional channels? Is the market big enough for such an exercise?

At this point, we have no plan to start separate regional channels.

Out of the languages that you operate, which are the ones that have delivered well and which have lagged?

Hindi, Bengali and Telugu have delivered strongly. However, Tamil has not done as well, but that is more due to distribution issues.

Read More
Tamil people only watch sun tv serials
 

shawl_who

Contributor
Joined
7 Nov 2012
Messages
19,092
Reaction score
17,972
supermachi said:
I m just deducing from his statements.
If they are planning to take individual genres to no. 1, they wud have thought something abt NGC Music too, isnt it ! :k
 

supermachi

Banned
Joined
2 Jan 2014
Messages
3,002
Reaction score
798
shawl_who said:
I m just deducing from his statements.
If they are planning to take individual genres to no. 1, they wud have thought something abt NGC Music too, isnt it ! :k
I have seen the channel before it is not worlth like vh1.

It would be nice to see vh1 in hd.
 

Karan rocks

Registered
Joined
3 Dec 2013
Messages
2,865
Reaction score
378
It's strange that TS is not providing FIC/Star channels such as:-
1.Nat Geo Adventure SD and HD
2.Nat Geo Wild HD
3.Nat Geo Music HD and SD
4.Fox Traveller HD
5.Fox Sports News
6.Life OK HD
7.Asianet Sitara
8.Asianet Suvarna Plus
9.BabyTV HD ans SD
If Tata Sky is Joint venture with 21st Century Fox,then what's the problem to provide Fox Int. channels?:huh
 

G Anil

Registered
Joined
21 Feb 2012
Messages
391
Reaction score
166
karanrudra93 said:
It's strange that TS is not providing FIC/Star channels such as:-
1.Nat Geo Adventure SD and HD
2.Nat Geo Wild HD
3.Nat Geo Music HD
4.Fox Traveller HD
5.Fox Sports News
6.Life OK HD
7.Asianet Sitara
8.Asianet Suvarna Plus
If Tata Sky is Joint venture with 21st Century Fox,then what's the problem to provide Fox Int. channels?:huh
Because of space cranch but now tatasky move to new technology with mpeg4 some we expect thease are all channels will be added soon on tatasky
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DJ Roy #UnitedByHope to premiere tomorrow evening on National Geographic Channel TV Shows & Programs 0
somnath chakraborty Swachh Bharat premieres 8th march 7pm on National Geographic Channel TV Shows & Programs 0
Rohit Bubna Sad News Black screen on national geographic channel on gtpl kcbpl network why Digital Cable TV 4
Shivraj National Geographic Channel to undergo major rebranding TV Channels News 1
Thakur National Geographic Channel to undergo major rebranding TV Channels News 9
Thakur National Geographic Channel acquires Climate Change Feature TV Channels News 1
A National Geographic HD channel 3 language added Airtel Digital TV HD 16
SarfaRaZ National Geographic Channel To Air Riding Morocco: Chasing The Dakar TV Shows & Programs 0
Thakur National Geographic Channel to broadcast 'Kabaddi- Khel India Ka TV Shows & Programs 5
A National Geographic Channel Hd is now updated as National Geographic Hd TV Channels News 2
Vivek.d2h National Geographic Channel to premiere ‘Mangalyaan: India’s Mission to Mars - See mo TV Channels News 0
Dileep Kumar Get ready for a mega kitchen tour with National Geographic Channel TV Channels News 0
Dileep Kumar National Geographic Channel creates a smart dent with TAM ratings TV Channels News 0
Dileep Kumar National Geographic Channel calls out to all dog lovers TV Channels News 1
Dileep Kumar National Geographic Channel presents the mega port of Mundra TV Channels News 0
Dileep Kumar National Geographic Channel and FOX Traveller win big at PromaxBDA 2014 TV Channels News 0
S National Geographic Channel becomes the most liked TV channel on Facebook in India TV Channels News 0
Bapun Raz National Geographic Channel: Wild Wild Fest TV Channels News 0
Bapun Raz National Geographic Channel launches Tamil feed TV Channels News 0
DreamDTH.com Article National Geographic to premiere ‘Future Cities: How They Are Made’ tomorrow at 8 PM DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article National Geographic back with second season of Mega Icons DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article National Geographic Tamil, National Geographic Telugu, and Frontier TV license cancelled by MIB DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article National Geographic to premiere second season of Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted this Sunday DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article National Geographic to showcase the journey of India’s Smart Cities Mission DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article National Geographic to premiere ‘India From Above’ as Independence Day special film DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0

Similar threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock